USACS is currently seeking talented emergency medicine physicians with a passion for education to join the faculty of its EM residency program. Established in 2006, the 3-year EM program has an affiliation with the Air Force, and is comprised of 30 residents, including 2 active duty military residents each year. We pride ourselves in the tremendous sense of camaraderie within our Emergency Department at University Medical Center (UMC) of Southern Nevada, which serves as the only level-1 trauma center and burn center in the state of Nevada and the primary teaching site for the UNLV School of Medicine, with 10 residency programs. The Adult ED and Trauma Resuscitation Center have a combined annual volume of 90,000, serving a diverse patient population with conditions of high complexity and acuity, in addition to the 30,000 children evaluated annually in the separate Pediatric ED. This is a tremendous opportunity from both an academic and clinical perspective, for motivated individuals with an interest in a career in ultrasound education or research, in a department that already includes a well-established research assistant program. Come join our faculty who are actively engaged in both education and community service, with a sincere dedication to training the next generation of emergency medicine providers.
Residency faculty have an academic appointment within the UNLV School of Medicine, and are employed by US Acute Care Solutions.
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFIT PACKAGE:
- Highly competitive financial/benefits package
- Physician equity ownership for all full-time physicians
- Industry-leading and company funded 401k (an additional 10%)
- Yearly CME/BEA (Business Expense Account)
- Student loan refinancing as low as 2.99%
- Groundbreaking Paid Parental Leave
- Pioneering Paid Military Leave
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage
- The best medical malpractice including tail coverage
- Professional development programs
- Location flexibility and career stability of a national group
- 554-bed facility
- Residency Programs affiliated with UNLV in Emergency Medicine, Family Practice, General Surgery, Internal Medicine, OB/Gyn, Psychiatry, Pediatrics, Plastic Surgery, Orthopedics, and ENT
- Fellowships in Surgery/Medical Critical Care, Acute Care Surgery, Trauma Surgery, GI, and Cardiology
- Level 1 Adult /Level II Pediatric Trauma Center / Regional Burn Center
- Primary Stroke Center/ Chest Pain Center with PCI
- Complete on-site surgical and medical specialties
- 51 Adult ED beds, 11 trauma beds, 18 Pediatric ED beds
- Emergency Medicine Residency Program (University of Nevada Las Vegas School of Medicine)
- 22% admission rate
Pediatric Emergency Department
- High acuity facility
- 22 beds and runs near capacity 80% of the time
- Average pediatric patient census in the hospital is 15 - 25 per day
Las Vegas, Nevada is not just flashing lights and slot machines, it is one of the fastest growing cities in America. With affordable new homes in desirable communities and fantastic schools, Las Vegans are very proud to call this city home!
The vibrant southwestern city of Las Vegas is nestled in a valley surrounded by the beautiful landscaping of the Mojave Desert. With 310 days of sunshine, Las Vegas has an abundance of recreational amenities: boating and skiing in Lake Mead, snow skiing, Mountain biking and hiking Mt. Charleston, climbing and hiking at Red Rock Conservation area and close proximity a number of National Parks including Grand Canyon and Zion. McCarran International Airport makes travel to and from Las Vegas very easy.