Featuring all private rooms and a beautiful campus-like setting, ACMH Hospital is a 115-bed facility located 44 miles north of Pittsburgh in Kittanning, Pennsylvania near the banks of the Allegheny River. Supported by a medical staff of approximately 200 physicians, ACMH provides a comprehensive array of services including:
- Stroke Center designation with teleneurology
- Established cardiology program with active catheterization lab
- PCI program
- Medevac helicopter on site
- Inpatient psych
- Rehab units for stroke and orthopedics
- Full complement of diagnostic radiology
- ED Volume: 25,000
- Broad pathology with 17% admission rate includes trauma
- Beautiful, brand new (March 2015) ED with 26 treatment rooms divided in to two sections – a 15-space acute care area and 11-space express care
- Meditech EMR and voice-activated dictation
- Well-equipped including GlideScope and ED ultrasound
- Hospitalists respond to floor codes
- Active EMS program with medical command to local services and EMS lounge in ED
- Complicated pediatric cases and major traumas are transferred
- Ultrasound technician available 24 hours per day
- 26 hours of physician coverage with shifts as follows: 7 am to 3 pm, 2 pm to 9 pm, and 8pm to 7am
- Advanced Practice Provider coverage is 11 to 14 hours per day
Kittanning is a borough and county seat situated 44 miles northeast of Pittsburgh along the banks of the Allegheny River. This nice, small city has numerous shops and restaurants in a quaint district near a riverfront park. Several marinas support local watersports and boating. Other outdoor recreation nearby includes excellent hunting, fishing, hiking and biking.
A variety of residential options are easily commutable and include the Fox Chapel, Freeport, Lower Burrell, Sarver and Saxonburg areas which afford great schools and easy access to the metropolitan amenities of Pittsburgh via Route 28.
Pittsburgh has been designated many times as one of the country’s most livable cities. A friendly, hardworking character and sense of pride permeates the region and its unique neighborhoods. Originally a major industrial center, Pittsburgh has made the successful transition to an economy that is largely based on healthcare, education, technology (especially computer software and robotics), and financial services.