Featuring all private rooms and a beautiful campus-like setting, ACMH Hospital is a 115-bed facility located 44 miles north of Pittsburgh in Kittanning, PA near the banks of the Allegheny River. Supported by a medical staff of approximately 200 physicians, ACMH provides a comprehensive array of services including:
- Primary stroke center designation with teleneurology
- Established cardiology program with an active catheterization lab
- PCI program
- Medevac helicopter on site
- Inpatient psych
- Maternity floor
- Detox unit
- Rehab units for stroke and orthopedics
- A full complement of diagnostic radiology
Kittanning is a borough and county seat situated 44 miles northeast of Pittsburgh along the banks of the Allegheny River. This nice, small city has numerous shops and restaurants in a quaint district near a riverfront park. Several marinas support local watersports and boating. Other outdoor recreation nearby includes excellent hunting, fishing, hiking and biking.
A variety of residential options are easily commutable and include the Fox Chapel, Freeport, Lower Burrell, Sarver and Saxonburg areas which afford great schools and easy access to the metropolitan amenities of Pittsburgh via Route 28.
Pittsburgh has been designated many times as one of the country’s most livable cities. A friendly, hardworking character and sense of pride permeate the region and its unique neighborhoods. Originally a major industrial center, Pittsburgh has made the successful transition to an economy that is largely based on healthcare, education, technology (especially computer software and robotics), and financial services.
- ED Volume: 22,000
- Broad pathology with a 17% admission rate includes trauma
- Beautiful ED (built-in 2015) with 26 treatment rooms divided into two sections – a 15-space acute care area and 11-space express care
- Meditech EMR and voice-activated dictation
- Well-equipped including GlideScope and ED ultrasound
- Hospitalists respond to floor codes
- Active EMS program with the medical command to local services and EMS lounge in ED
- Major traumas are transferred
- Ultrasound technician available 24 hours per day
- 24 hours of physician coverage, shifts are 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.; 2 p.m. to 9 p.m, and 8 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- Advanced Practice Provider coverage is 6-10 hours of coverage, depending on the day