Seeking Experienced Emergency Medicine Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner.
At US Acute Care Solutions, you will have the opportunity to practice compassionate, attentive, and quality care with a group that invests in your growth, while valuing and rewarding your expertise.
Our Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners work side by side with our physicians as clinical colleagues, with support through their own local, regional, and national APP leadership. That’s because, as the country’s leading physician-owned acute care group, we understand how important it is to be supported in leadership by your APP colleagues to focus on what’s important: quality patient care.
- Medium-sized, full-service community hospital situated in a southern suburban area of Akron, Ohio
- Modern facility is well equipped with recent renovations including newly renovated ED.
- Very responsive back-up maintains good rapport with the Emergency Department and represents all specialties; only major trauma and severe pediatric cases are transferred; excellent support when needed is just minutes away at Akron Children’s Hospital
- ED Volume: 33,000
- Efficient newly-renovated department with 42-beds including 10-bed fast track
- All new imaging equipment including; Lab and x-ray, which are located adjacent to the ED and have quick turnaround times;ultrasound 24 hours/day (Monday-Thursday and on call weekends); brand new CT which is available 24 hours/day
- Upcoming, renovation of the existing nuclear medicine department
- Emergency physicians do not write admitting orders or respond to floor codes
Neighboring a rapidly growing suburban area, the hospital offers easy access to many amenities including the local dining and shopping of Akron and Canton. The major metropolitan attractions of Cleveland, which include a highly evolved cultural community, Indians baseball, Browns football, Cavaliers basketball, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and the dining/night life of The Flats are about 40 minutes away. The local area boasts excellent housing including waterfront living on a local chain of lakes and access to neighborhoods with excellent public and parochial schools. Beautiful parks and local lakes further contribute to the high quality of life available in the area.