Advanced Practice Provider (APP)
Frederick Memorial Hospital
Location: Frederick, MD
ED Volume: 63,000Contact a Recruiter
- Comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Industry leading, company funded retirement (an additional 10% to your 401k)
- Student loan refinancing options
- CME/BEA (Business Expense Account) - $2,500 annually
- The best medical malpractice
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage (single or family)
- Groundbreaking parental paid leave; and flexible self-scheduling for new parents
- Leadership and clinical training opportunities unique to USACS
- Location flexibility and career stability of a national group
- The support you need to provide the best patient-centered care
Skills & Education Requirements
- NP: Master’s Degree from an accredited School of Nursing
- PA: Graduate from an accredited PA program and pass National Certifying Exam
What began as a two-ward hospital with an “accident room” for emergencies has grown into a state-of-the-art healthcare facility with one of the busiest Emergency Departments in the state of Maryland. Frederick County is the second fastest growing county in Maryland with an estimated population of more than 233,000. Recognized by The Joint Commission as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for achieving excellence in performance on its accountability measures during 2012 for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care. Designated as a Primary Stroke Center, Accredited Chest Pain Center. Certified in Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation.
- 51 beds
- 8 Fast Track beds
- 58 hours of physician coverage
- 40 hours of APP coverage
- Meditech EMR system
- Pediatric Emergency Department
- Adult and Pediatric Hospitalist Service
- Observation Care unit
Frederick, Maryland is less than one hour from Washington, D.C., Baltimore, and nearby Gettysburg, Antietam, and Harpers Ferry.
Aside from its history, charm, and cultural abundance, the town’s location affords its residents a huge variety of activities, from outdoor pursuits like hiking, camping, hunting, and fishing in the mountains, to the infinite variety of entertainment and culture in nearby Washington DC and Baltimore. The Chesapeake Bay and Atlantic beaches are also within reach of a day trip. Frederick simply offers an excellent lifestyle for almost any family.
Frederick County Public Schools (FCPS) system is consistently ranked as one of the best in the nation. FCPS ranks first in statewide 2012 School Progress Index accountability data, which includes overall student performance, closing achievement gaps, student growth and college and career preparation. FCPS achievement exceeds Maryland averages with scores that consistently surpass state and national averages on measures such as the College Board SAT.