Advanced Practice Provider (APP)
Location: Elkton, MD
ED Volume: 40,000Contact a Recruiter
As an advanced practice provider (APP) at USACS, you will be required to provide comprehensive health care to patients alongside physicians and other staff. You will have flexibility to explore different specialties, experience independence in your day-to-day work and leave each day with the sense of accomplishment that comes from patient satisfaction.
Review position details below and apply online:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Industry leading, company funded retirement (an additional 10% to your 401k)
- Student loan refinancing options
- CME/BEA (Business Expense Account) - $5,000 first year and $2,500 second year
- The best medical malpractice
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage (single or family)
- Groundbreaking parental paid leave; and flexible self-scheduling for new parents
- Leadership and clinical training opportunities unique to USACS
- Location flexibility and career stability of a national group
- The support you need to provide the best patient-centered care
Skills & Education Requirements
- NP: Master’s Degree from an accredited School of Nursing
- PA: Graduate from an accredited PA program and pass National Certifying Exam
- Union Hospital is an award-winning, full-service community hospital located in Elkton, Maryland
- Nationally recognized for clinical excellence in the treatment and prevention of disease
- The 84-bed facility is dedicated to providing superior, personalized, quality healthcare to its neighbors, families and friends.
- 27 all private rooms
- 17 acute care and 10 urgent care rooms
- 6 overflow rooms used during peak hours
- Convenient access to radiology services with 24hr CT, X-ray and Ultrasound availability
- 34 hours of physician coverage
- 35 hours of APP coverage
- Urgent Care operates 16 hours per day 7 day per week
- Forensic Nurse Examiners provide care to victims of sexual assault, domestic violence, child and elder abuse.
- Primary Stroke Center Designation
- Bedside Ultrasound available
- EMS Base Station Command
- 2 - 8% PEDs
- 18% admission rate
Since it was founded by Swedish mariners and fishermen in 1694, Elkton has always been a home to watermen and a busy hub of activity both on the Colonial Highway of America, early railways, ferry boats, and today, the nearby I-95 corridor. With excellent schools, bay-front homes, and an easy drive (or train ride) to Philadelphia, Baltimore, Wilmington, and many Atlantic coast parks and beaches, Elkton provides a quiet base from which to launch a wide array of adventures.
The Cecil County Public School System provides an excellent Pre-Kindergarten through graduation learning experience that enables all students to demonstrate the skills, knowledge, and attitudes required for lifelong learning and productive citizenship in an ever-changing global society.