Albany Memorial Hospital
- 165-bed community hospital situated at the edge of the city near Albany’s most desirable suburbs
- Full service capabilities with most specialties represented; OB, pediatric, neurosurgeries and serious burn cases are transferred
- Active EMS program provides medical direction for 9 local squads, and also conducts ACLS training
- Hospitalist service in house 24/7 covers the ICU/CCU and responds to codes
- Responsive, full service lab is available 24 hours per day
- Top notch radiology program is well staffed and has teleradiography for cases after hours, and PAC for digital radiology viewing
- Affiliation with Albany Medical Center provides rotations for emergency medicine residents, fourth year medical students, and PA students affording academic involvement and adjunct faculty appointments for interested EM physicians
- 10% admission rate
- Broad community pathology and age diversification that includes minor trauma and high medical acuity
- 19 room main ED with an 8-room fast track area
- ED Ultrasound
- 24-hour scribe coverage, voice recognition and dictation system. EMR with CPOE Established hospitalist service provides care for most admissions
- Highly regarded ED nursing staff
Albany is the best-kept secret in the Northeast United States. Situated on the eastern border of the state, Albany is located at the convergence of the Hudson and Mohawk Rivers, and is a short drive from the Adirondack, Berkshire and Heldeberg Mountains. It is the state capital and is host to abundant local culture including several museums and the Saratoga Performing Arts Center. Tanglewood - the summer home for the Boston Symphony Orchestra and the Boston Pops - is only an hour away. The amenities of New York City, Boston and Montreal are also within a 2½ - 3½ hour drive.
Sports and recreation abound in this thriving community that also boasts the region’s most desirable suburbs and schools. Emergency Physicians ski free at Windham Mountain, about 1 hour south of Albany. Respected colleges and universities including SUNY-Albany, Union College and RPI are also located in the Capital District area. Albany Memorial is one of three hospitals in the area and is easily accessible from major highways. The beautiful new Albany International Airport is close by and offers direct connections to all major hubs.
Visit City Data for additional information.
Albany Memorial Hospital
Albany, NY 12204-1004