Emergency Medicine APP
John T. Mather Memorial Hospital
Location: Port Jefferson, NY
ED Volume: 43,000Contact a Recruiter
Seeking Experienced Emergency Medicine APP:
As an advanced practice provider (APP) at USACS, you will be required to provide comprehensive health care to patients alongside physicians and other staff. You will experience independence in your day-to-day work and leave each day with the sense of accomplishment that comes from patient satisfaction.
Review position details below and apply online:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Industry leading, company funded retirement (an additional 10% to your 401k)
- Student loan refinancing options
- CME/BEA (Business Expense Account) - $5,000 first year and $2,500 second year
- The best medical malpractice
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage (single or family)
- Groundbreaking parental paid leave; and flexible self-scheduling for new parents
- Leadership and clinical training opportunities unique to USACS
- Location flexibility and career stability of a national group
- The support you need to provide the best patient-centered care
Skills & Education Requirements
- NP: Master’s Degree from an accredited School of Nursing
- PA: Graduate from an accredited PA program and pass National Certifying Exam
- John T. Mather Memorial Hospital is a respected 248-bed community-based facility situated in Port Jefferson on the north shore of Long Island.
- In addition to being a Stroke Center of Excellence and a Bariatric Center of Excellence with world-renowned bariatric surgeons, Mather provides a full range of services to meet the needs of the region.
- A medical staff of more than 600 represents most major specialties including most surgical subspecialties, dialysis/infusion, wound care and hyperbaric medicine, inpatient psychiatric care for adults and adolescents, pain management, palliative care and much more.
- A hospitalist program has also been implemented and provides coverage 24-hours per day.
- The intensive care unit is staffed 24/7 by full-time critical care specialists.
- Large, 42-bed ED with separate fast-track area
- Patient pathology is broad and includes trauma and pediatrics
- NYSDOH designated Stroke Center and Chest Pain ER
- Dedicated 4-bed psych area in ED is co-managed with psychiatric nurse practitioners and social workers
- High acuity level with admission rate of 23%
- Well-equipped department with GlideScope, modern Sonosite ultrasound and fiber-optic laryngoscope
- Active EMS program providing medical direction to four local units, plus monthly education and quarterly QA
- Teaching opportunities for Transitional Year interns and Internal Medicine residents rotating through department
Port Jefferson is a beautiful coastal community on Long Island’s north shore. The local area includes a quaint business district with numerous shops and restaurants, as well as a variety of residential options and top-rated schools. Easy access is afforded to all of Long Island, and New York City is just 60 miles to the west. The Islip airport is nearby and offers many convenient connections, and JFK and Laguardia airports are within an hour’s drive. A car ferry in town provides easy transportation to Connecticut and New England. Local culture includes theatre, museums and festivals, as well as Division I sports at the local university. Outdoor recreation abounds on Long Island’s famous sandy beaches, with excellent boating and fishing in the Long Island Sound. Long Island’s bucolic north fork is known for award-winning vineyards, farmer’s markets and fruit-picking year-round. A large upscale mall is located in nearby Smithtown, and the hospital is surrounded by numerous idyllic suburban neighborhoods with nationally ranked schools.