About the Program
US Acute Care Solutions now offers an excellent, 12-month program for PAs wishing to become immediately marketable in emergency medicine. Clinical and didactic education focuses on providing PAs with the fundamental skills, knowledge, and bedside mannerisms required for this specialty.
Participants collaborate with the emergency medicine residency at the site to build team experience and competency.
USACS APP Postgraduate Program has applied for Postgraduate Accreditation - Provisional from the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA). USACS APP Postgraduate Program anticipates review of its application for Postgraduate Accreditation - Provisional status at the September 2022 ARC-PA meeting.
- 350-bed, urban facility
- Brand-new 39-bed ED provides for a highly functioning department
- Founded by the Sisters of Saint Joseph in 1875, Saint Vincent Health Center is Erie’s first hospital
- Full-service, mission-driven tertiary care and teaching hospital with a strong commitment to quality
- Saint Vincent has been nationally recognized for quality, recently becoming one of only two hospitals in the country to receive the Premier Award for Quality by the Premier healthcare alliance for three consecutive years
- The modern and well-equipped department includes 2 ultrasound machines, 2 types of video laryngoscopes, and more
- The hospital provides full diagnostic and lab capabilities including CT, open MRI and ultrasound
- The nursing staff is among the most experienced in the region
- Active in EMS, Saint Vincent’s emergency department provides a medical command to multiple services and offers education and training to local providers
- For stroke care, Saint Vincent Hospital collaborates with Allegheny General Teleneurology.
- EPIC EMR
Saint Vincent Hospital is part of the Allegheny Health Network Consortium. Within the postgraduate program APPs rotate through several hospitals within the network for a variety of clinical experiences.
- Graduation from an ARC-PA accredited physician assistant program
- Eligibility for Pennsylvania Licensure
- Board certification
- Proof of BLS and ACLS. PALS preferred, not required
Applications are accepted from May 1– August 1. Applications are due in their entirety for consideration by the Admissions Committee by August 1 for subsequent March start date. Select candidates are invited for an interview. Applicants are selected based on academic achievement, interpersonal skills and interest in emergency medicine.
Please complete the interest form below and you will be contacted by a member of our recruitment team with the formal application.