Join USACS as an EM assistant director for the opportunity to work alongside a supportive team to deliver excellence in patient care. Assistant directors are expected to support the EM director in overseeing the operations of the emergency department in collaboration with the nursing staff and hospital leadership.
Review position details below and apply online:
- Supports the EM Director in overseeing the operations of the ED in collaboration with nursing leadership and hospital administration
- Helps with the supervision of the emergency medical staff, per the bylaws, policies, and procedures of the institution
- Represents the ED in the community and within the hospital medical staff
- Comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Physician equity ownership
- Industry leading, company funded retirement (an additional 10% to your 401k)
- Student Loan Refinancing as low as 2.99%
- CME/BEA (Business Expense Account) - $8,000 first year, then $4,000 annually
- The best medical malpractice
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage (single or family)
- Groundbreaking parental paid leave; and flexible self-scheduling for new parents
- Leadership and clinical training opportunities unique to USACS
- Location flexibility and career stability of a national group
- The support you need to provide the best patient-centered care
- Mercer County’s most comprehensive health system consisting of a 241-bed with 17 satellite centers and more than 1,750 employees
- Full service facility interventional cath lab and a full-service lab open 24-hours a day
- Administration is committed to the highest quality emergency medicine service
- Outstanding, responsive radiology service includes latest CT technology and MRI and US 24 hours a day
- IAC unit now available
- 35,000 annual ED visits
- 16% admission rate
- 12 bed ICU
- 21 beds with 5-bed fast-track area, 3 trauma bays, 2 behavioral rooms.
- Specialized service areas include, EMS Educational Institute, Chest Pain Center, Primary Stroke Center, bedside ED ultrasound and Express Care
- Dedicated X-ray in the department and CT scanner adjacent to the department
- Hazmat decontamination facilities
- USACS’ Physician First physician-in-triage program 11-hours per day
- Active in EMS medical command and training
- Advanced Practice Provider support 7 days per week.
- Procedures preferred
- Integrated team approach with the Emergency and Hospitalist departments.
- Block schedule; 12 hour shifts.
- RN Integrated Acute Care Coordinator onsite M-F
- 12-bed ICU
- 9-bed CVU
- Intensivist coverage 7 am-7 pm, on call 7 pm -7am
- IM Hospitalist manages ICU on nights
Sharon Regional Health System is situated in Mercer County Pennsylvania’s Shenango Valley on the Pennsylvania-Ohio border, just east of Youngstown. Pittsburgh is just 70 miles to the south, and Erie is 80 miles north. A premier health system, heavy industrial plants, high-tech businesses, over 30 churches of various denominations and a campus branch of one of the state's largest Universities all call Sharon home.
The area boasts small town charm with local farm and artisan culture. Sharon is home the beautiful Avalon Country Club, multiple independent microbreweries, and a variety of local dining and shopping options. There are also local Western PA wineries, with close proximity to the NE Ohio and Eastern NY wine country regions. Throughout Sharon and Mercer counties, there are many other dining and shopping options including a famous shoe store, top-ranked restaurants, and a number of inns and resorts. Local recreation includes numerous parks and lakes, trails for hiking and biking, and reasonable drives to skiing in southern New York and Southwest Pennsylvania.
The Pittsburgh International Airport is less than an hour away, the Akron/Canton Airport is approximately one hour away, and Cleveland’s Airport is an option as well; all offering many convenient flight options and connections.