An EM Assistant Director will have the opportunity to work alongside a supportive team to deliver excellence in patient care. Assistant directors are expected to support the EM director in overseeing the operations of the emergency department in collaboration with the nursing staff and hospital leadership.
- Supports the EM Director in overseeing the operations of the ED in collaboration with nursing leadership and hospital administration
- Helps with the supervision of the emergency medical staff, per the bylaws, policies, and procedures of the institution
- Represents the ED in the community and within the hospital medical staff
- Mercer County’s most comprehensive health system consisting of a 241-bed with 17 satellite centers
- Full-service facility interventional cath lab and responsive radiology service
- Managed by Allegheny Health Network Emergency Medicine Management (AHNEMM), a joint venture created between AHN and USACS.
- As a part of the USACS Integrated Acute Care Services program, USACS also provides hospitalist services at this site, partnering the ED and Hospitalist physicians
- ED Volume: 32,000
- 16% admission rate
- 21 beds with 5-bed fast-track area, 3 trauma bays, 2 behavioral rooms
- Specialized service areas include; EMS Educational Institute, Chest Pain Center, Primary Stroke Center, bedside ED ultrasound and Express Care
- Dedicated X-ray in the department and CT scanner adjacent to the department
- Hazmat decontamination facilities
- USACS’ Physician First physician-in-triage program
- Active in EMS medical command and training
Located just east of Youngstown on the Pennsylvania-Ohio border, Sharon is 70 miles north of Pittsburgh. The area boasts small-town charm with local farm and artisan culture. Sharon is home to local wineries and independent microbreweries, charming local inns and resorts. Residents enjoy varied recreational opportunities with numerous parks and lakes, trails for hiking and biking, and reasonable drives to skiing in New York and Pennsylvania.