EM - Assistant Director
Sharon Regional Health System
Location: Sharon, PA
ED Volume: 37,000Contact a Recruiter
- Supports the EM Director in overseeing the operations of the ED in collaboration with nursing leadership and hospital administration
- Helps with the supervision of the emergency medical staff, per the bylaws, policies, and procedures of the institution
- Represents the ED in the community and within the hospital medical staff
- Comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Physician equity ownership
- Industry leading, company funded retirement (an additional 10% to your 401k)
- Student Loan Refinancing as low as 2.99%
- CME/BEA (Business Expense Account) - $8,000 first year, then $4,000 annually
- The best medical malpractice
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage (single or family)
- Groundbreaking parental paid leave; and flexible self-scheduling for new parents
- Leadership and clinical training opportunities unique to USACS
- Location flexibility and career stability of a national group
- The support you need to provide the best patient-centered care
- 241-bed facility with 17 satellite centers
- Full service facility has 24-hour interventional cath lab
- Full service laboratory is open 24 hours per day, 7 days per week
- Responsive radiology service includes latest CT technology and MRI
- 20% admission rate
- 21 beds with 5-bed fast-track area, 2 behavioral rooms, and eye/dental room
- Specialized service areas include Chest Pain Emergency Center, Brain Attack/Stroke Center, Trauma Response Team, Cardiac Response Team, EMS Educational Institute, Telemedicine and Neurolink and Express Care.
- Dedicated X-ray in the department and CT scanner adjacent to the department
- Haz-mat decontamination facilities
- USACS’s PhysicianFirst physician-in-triage program 12-hours per day
- Active in EMS medical command and training
Sharon Regional Health System is situated in Mercer County Pennsylvania’s Shenango Valley on the Pennsylvania-Ohio border just east o Youngstown. Pittsburgh is just 70 miles to the south, and Erie is 80 miles north. A premier health system, heavy industrial plants, high-tech businesses, over 30 churches of various denominations and a campus branch of one of the state's largest Universities all call Sharon home.
Enjoy a variety of residential options from older city homes to new subdivisions and rural settings/acreage, all with access to the educational amenities mentioned above. The Shenango Campus of Pennsylvania State University along with the Sharon School District are integral parts of the community. Modern facilities of the district, that include a Community Library, computer labs, an indoor pool and a community auditorium are helping to keep Sharon on the cutting edge. One of the three elementary schools, West Hill Elementary, was recently awarded Blue Ribbon Status by the Federal Government!
Sharon and Mercer County are also home to a wide range of dining and shopping options, including a famous shoe store, top-ranked restaurants, and a number of inns and resorts. Local recreation includes numerous parks and lakes, trails for hiking and biking, and reasonable drives to skiing in southern New York and Southwest Pennsylvania. The Pittsburgh International Airport is less than an hour away, and Cleveland’s Airport is an option as well with both offering many convenient flight options and connections. Enjoy a low cost of living, access to all possible amenities, and an outstanding partnership opportunity with USACS.
Visit City Data for more information.