Carolinas HealthCare System Lincoln
- 101-bed facility located 45 minutes from the center of Charlotte
- Lincoln County's only acute care facility
- All specialties available for back up except Cardiothoracic Surgery and Neurosurgery
- New hospital opened in July 2010 and is easily accessible from Highway 150 and Buffalo Shoals Road
- 10 ICU/CCU beds and 32 additional Telemetry beds
- 12% of ED patients are admitted or transferred
- Broad patient pathology, moderate acuity
- 24 treatment beds with 2 trauma rooms
- Radiology available 24 hours per day and located adjacent to the ED
- Ultrasound, CT, MRI and VQ scans available 24 hours per day
- All studies are reviewed on the Stentor PACS system with a viewing station available at the physician desk
- Emergency bedside ultrasound available
- Transfers are 40 minutes by ground or 15 by air to Carolina Medical Center
Located just 29 miles northwest of Charlotte, NC, and with a population of 73,000 people, Lincoln County offers considerable diversity. Choose from East Lincoln County and beautiful Lake Norman; the City of Lincolnton in the heart of the county seat; or West Lincoln, with its beautiful settings of rich farmlands and rolling hills. The community is rich in cultural arts. Lincolnton has an active Theatre Guild, Arts Council, Historical Association, Community Concerts Association, Choral Guild, and a chapter of the North Carolina Symphony Association, all of which are housed in the Lincoln Cultural Center on East Main Street in Lincolnton.
Newcomers to the Lincoln County business community will appreciate the friendly welcome and pro-growth attitude among our Chamber, City, and County government leaders. Cooperative governmental bodies work with local business leaders to encourage both industrial relocation and expansion. The conscientious growth and development of the area is fostered by partnership between the public and private sectors.
Lincoln County is the perfect setting for all activities. Lake Norman, one of the largest multi-sport lakes in the United States is located in East Lincoln County. The scenic beauty and skiing of the Appalachian and Blue Ridge Mountains are only an hour drive away and Myrtle Beach with some of the most popular beaches on the east coast is just a mere 3 ½ hour drive. Lincoln County is also located less than 30 minutes from Uptown Charlotte. Charlotte has everything a major metropolitan city should. It has a beautiful Uptown with fine dining and cultural events, Charlotte Douglas International Airport, NFL's Carolina Panthers, NBA's Charlotte Bobcats, not to mention Lowe's Motor Speedway and all that NASCAR has to offer. This makes Lincoln County the perfect setting to live for a family with children or the single person on the run.
Visit City Data for additional information.