Carolinas HealthCare System NorthEast
- 457-bed adult tertiary acute care facility located 20 miles from downtown Charlotte
- Level III trauma center
- Jeff Gordon Children’s Hospital
- A community-focused hospital in a suburban setting
- All specialties available for back up
- Interventional Cardiology is available 24/7
- 20% admission rate
- Broad patient pathology, high acuity
- Large and efficient ED layout with 44 treatment beds
- Radiology available 24-hours per CT Scan, Emergent MRI and VQ Scans. All studies are reviewed on the Stentor PACS system with a viewing station available at the physician desk.
- MRI available 24/7
- Advanced new EMR fully integrates ED with hospital and allows easy review of records from all other CMC hospitals and clinics
- Transfers are 20 minutes by ground to Carolina Medical Center
- Advanced practice providers in the department
Conveniently located in a suburb of Charlotte, Cabarrus County is one of the fastest growing communities in North Carolina. The Charlotte metropolitan area is located on the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, about three hours from the Atlantic Ocean. Charlotte is situated halfway between Raleigh, NC and Atlanta, GA.
Charlotte is just minutes from Charlotte Douglas International Airport. An easy drive will take you to Uptown Charlotte, home to the NFL Carolina Panthers, NBA Charlotte Bobcats and a myriad of cultural events. Charlotte is also a major racing hub. Lowe’s Motor Speedway is one of the busiest in the country and one of the finest NASCAR facilities in the U.S.
Visit City Data for additional information.