Carolinas HealthCare System University
- Carolinas HealthCare System University is located in north Mecklenburg County at the intersection of Highway 29 and W.T. Harris Blvd., one of the fastest growing areas of Charlotte
- 134-bed full-service hospital provides comprehensive services and various medical specialties from an array of outstanding, highly trained physicians
- Responsive back-up represents most major specialties except Cardiothoracic Surgery and Neurosurgery
- 16 ICU beds, 15-20 telemetry beds, 3 Dialysis machines, 1 Cath lab
- 2.5% transfer rate with transfer agreements
- 39-bed department with newly completed in May 2007
- Cerner First Net patient tracking system includes integration of Laboratory and Radiology interpretations
- Radiology is location adjacent to the ED. All studies are reviewed on the Stentor PACS system with a viewing station available at the physicians desk
- Ultrasounds, CT Scan, VQ Scan are available 24 hours per day
- Emergency bedside ultrasound anticipated soon
- Transfers are 15 by ground or 8 minutes by air to Carolinas Medical Center
- Emergency bedside U/S available with credentialing process
Conveniently located in the heart of Mecklenburg County, Charlotte is an area that just keeps growing. Charlotte is located on the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, about 3 hours from the Atlantic Ocean and halfway between Raleigh, North Carolina and Atlanta, Georgia. The Mecklenburg County Park & Recreation Department is home to 210 parks and facilities located on more than 17,600 acres of parkland throughout Mecklenburg County. Parks in Mecklenburg County come in all shapes and sizes ranging from small neighborhood parks to large district parks.
Charlotte is just minutes from Charlotte Douglas International Airport. An easy drive will take you to Uptown Charlotte, home to the NFL Carolina Panthers, NBA Charlotte Bobcats and a myriad of cultural events. Charlotte is also a major racing hub. Lowe's Motor Speedway is one of the busiest in the country and one of the finest NASCAR facilities in the U.S.
For more information, visit City Data.