Carolinas HealthCare System Steele Creek
- The area's first outpatient healthcare pavilion, which includes a 24-hour free-standing Emergency Department
- Beautiful, brand new 22,500 -square-foot facility opened November 16, 2009 is situated on 17 acres at the corner of Steele Creek Road (Hwy. 160) and South Tryon Street (Hwy. 49)
- Facility includes observation beds for patients requiring a period of extended examination or treatment
- Advanced imaging equipment, including a state-of-the-art 64-slice CT scanner, ultrasound, mammography, X-ray/fluoroscopy and MRI capability on site
- Full-service laboratory on site
- CMC-Steele Creek is affiliated with and can provide direct access to (via helicopter or ambulance) CMC-Pineville or Carolinas Medical Center (Level I Trauma Center)
- Medical office building on-site includes Outpatient Pharmacy, Internal Medicine physician offices, Pediatrics and OB/GYN physician offices
- 12 exam/treatment rooms including one trauma/resuscitation room and seven emergency/urgent care rooms
- On-call medical specialists
- Rapid triage and bedside registration
Steele Creek is situated near Pineville in south Charlotte. Located in the beautiful Piedmont region of North Carolina, Charlotte is a growing city of 800,000. Nature lovers can enjoy the Blue Ridge Mountains (2.5 hours NW), which offer hiking, camping, mountain biking, skiing, white-water rafting and gorgeous autumn colors. Water and sun enthusiasts can enjoy the North and South Carolina beaches (3.5 hrs. NE and SE) as well as Lake Norman (30 minutes N). Sports enthusiasts in the area enjoy NFL football (Carolina Panthers), Triple A baseball (Charlotte Knights – Chicago White Sox affiliate), ECHL hockey (Charlotte Checkers), professional soccer (Charlotte Eagles), and NBA basketball (Charlotte Bobcats).
Charlotte is also host to multiple concert venues, several theatre companies, and a great variety of upscale dining and shopping. Residential options range from established suburban communities to modern urban neighborhoods with a fine choice of public and private schools. Combine it all with the regions temperate climate and southern hospitality, you would be hard pressed to find a better place to live and work.
Visit City Data for additional information.