As an emergency medicine physician at USACS, you will be part of a team dedicated to excellence, clinical autonomy and shared ownership. You will be responsible for treating and stabilizing acutely ill patients with life threatening conditions, while displaying proficiency in basic and critical emergency medicine skills.
Review position details below and apply online:
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFIT PACKAGE:
- Highly competitive financial/benefits package
- Physician equity ownership for all full-time physicians
- Industry-leading and company funded 401k (an additional 10%)
- Yearly CME/BEA (Business Expense Account)
- Student loan refinancing as low as 2.99%
- Groundbreaking Paid Parental Leave
- Pioneering Paid Military Leave
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage
- The best medical malpractice including tail coverage
- Professional development programs
- Location flexibility and career stability of a national group
- 165-bed community hospital situated at the edge of the city near Albany’s most desirable suburbs
- High inpatient and outpatient satisfaction - above the 90% range
- Newly renovated, state of the art facility. All patient rooms are single bed, private rooms with doors.
- Full service capabilities with most specialties represented; OB, pediatric, and serious burn cases are transferred
- Active EMS program provides medical direction for 9 local squads, and also conducts ACLS training
- Hospitalist service in house 24/7 covers the ICU/CCU and responds to codes
- Responsive, full service lab is available 24 hours per day
- Top notch radiology program is well staffed, has Tele-radiography for cases after hours, and PAC for digital radiology viewing
- Affiliation with Albany Medical Center provides rotations for senior emergency medicine residents, fourth year medical students, and PA students affording academic involvement and adjunct faculty appointments for interested EM physicians
- 10% admission rate
- Broad community pathology and age diversification that includes minor trauma and high medical acuity
- 19 room main ED with hard wired monitors, integrated 8-room fast track area
- State of the art computer system with patient tracking, physician order entry, discharge and prescription functions has multiple work stations and is very user friendly
- ED Ultrasound
- USACS' Physician First physician-in-triage program 10-hours per day improves throughput time and patient satisfaction
- 24-hour scribe coverage, voice recognition and dictation system. EMR with CPOE.
- Highly regarded ED nursing staff
Albany is the best-kept secret in the Northeast United States. Situated on the eastern border of the state, Albany is located at the convergence of the Hudson and Mohawk Rivers, and is a short drive from the Adirondack, Berkshire and Heldeberg Mountains. It is the state capital and is host to abundant local culture including several museums and the Saratoga Performing Arts Center. Tanglewood - the summer home for the Boston Symphony Orchestra and the Boston Pops - is only an hour away. The amenities of New York City, Boston and Montreal are also within a 2½ - 3½ hour drive.
Sports and recreation abound in this thriving community that also boasts the region’s most desirable suburbs and schools. Emergency Physicians ski free at Windham Mountain, about 1-hour south of Albany. Respected colleges and universities including SUNY-Albany, Union College and RPI are also located in the Capital District area. Albany Memorial is one of three hospitals in the area and is easily accessible from major highways. The new beautiful Albany International Airport is close by and offers direct connections to all major hubs.