Are you looking for a position in a fast-paced environment where you can truly make a difference? As an emergency medicine physician at USACS, you will be part of a team dedicated to excellence, clinical autonomy and shared ownership. You will be responsible for treating and stabilizing acutely ill patients with life threatening conditions, while displaying proficiency in basic and critical emergency medicine skills.
Review position details below and apply online:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Physician equity ownership
- Industry leading, company funded retirement (an additional 10% to your 401k)
- Student Loan Refinancing as low as 2.99%
- CME/BEA (Business Expense Account) - $8,000 first year, then $4,000 annually
- Occurrence based medical malpractice including tail
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage (single or family)
- Groundbreaking parental paid leave; and flexible self-scheduling for new parents
- Leadership and clinical training opportunities unique to USACS
- Location flexibility and career stability of a national group
- The support you need to provide the best patient-centered care
- Allegheny General Hospital has earned an international reputation for excellence and innovation in education, research and above all, the care of patients. The physicians are world-renowned in their fields and lead exceptional teams of nurses, technicians, clinicians and support staff who deliver advanced, compassionate care with the personal attention every patient deserves.
- AGH is a national leader in cardiovascular, cancer, neuroscience and orthopedic and rehabilitation care and offers a wide array of medical and surgical specialties. Thomson Healthcare has recognized AGH as one of the country’s 100 Top Hospitals -- and recently named our network of hospitals one of the best healthcare systems in the nation.
- AGH hosts residency training programs in twenty-two specialties including Emergency Medicine and combined IM/EM, as well as fellowships in Emergency Medical Services, EM-Sports Medicine and EM Ultrasound.
- Well-equipped, 28-room department has 33 beds and has maintained ongoing renovation to function efficiently and meet the demands of the patient load
- Comprehensive stroke center designation; AGH was the first stroke center in the region
- Stroke and Cardiac/STEMI center designation
- High-acuity with approximately 23% of patients admitted
- Active in EMS providing medical command to 16 ambulance services and supporting Lifeflight
- Accredited Residency Program
- Fellowships in EMS, Sports Medicine, and Ultrasound
Pittsburgh has been designated many times as one of the country’s most livable cities. Originally a major industrial center, Pittsburgh has made the successful transition to an economy that is largely based on healthcare, education, technology, and financial services.
Pittsburgh hosts world class education including universities like Pitt and Carnegie Mellon, plus nationally regarding public and private schools. The residential options are vast and offer easy commuting from urban, suburban and rural amenities. The city and the region feature dozens of parks and other outdoor recreational attractions including the riverfront and mountains. Pittsburghers are dedicated to their sports teams, including its major-league clubs — the Steelers, Penguins and Pirates. A beautiful downtown Cultural District is home to the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra, Pittsburgh Ballet Theater, and Civic Light Opera and numerous theaters and galleries. Other attractions include the Carnegie Museums of Art and Natural History, Andy Warhol Museum, and Carnegie Science Center. Add in the many music festivals held annually, numerous dance companies performing around the area, and art galleries galore. Pittsburgh can satisfy just about any taste in the arts.