EM - Physician
Allegheny General Hospital
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
ED Volume: 55,000Contact a Recruiter
Are you looking for a position in a fast-paced environment where you can truly make a difference? As an emergency medicine physician at USACS, you will be part of a team dedicated to excellence, clinical autonomy and shared ownership. You will be responsible for treating and stabilizing acutely ill patients with life threatening conditions, while displaying proficiency in basic and critical emergency medicine skills.
Review position details below and apply online:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Physician equity ownership
- Industry leading, company funded retirement (an additional 10% to your 401k)
- Student Loan Refinancing as low as 2.99%
- CME/BEA (Business Expense Account) - $8,000 first year, then $4,000 annually
- Occurrence based medical malpractice including tail
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage (single or family)
- Groundbreaking parental paid leave; and flexible self-scheduling for new parents
- Leadership and clinical training opportunities unique to USACS
- Location flexibility and career stability of a national group
- The support you need to provide the best patient-centered care
- Allegheny General Hospital (AGH) is internationally known for its care of patients. It also has an international reputation for excellence and innovation in education and research. The physicians are world-renowned in their fields and lead exceptional teams of nurses, technicians, clinicians and support staff who deliver advanced, compassionate care with the personal attention every patient deserves.
- AGH is a national leader in cardiovascular, cancer, neuroscience, orthopedic and rehabilitation care. It offers a wide array of medical and surgical specialties. Thomson Healthcare recognizes AGH as one of the country’s 100 Top Hospitals. AGH is also the recipient of the Consumer Choice Award for Western Pennsylvania from the National Research Corporation. Solucient Inc., one of the healthcare industry’s leading quality research organizations, recognizes Allegheny General as a Top 100 hospital in the country for both orthopedic surgery and the treatment of stroke.
- AGH is the first hospital in the region to receive the designation as a Level I Shock Trauma Center. The LifeFlight aeromedical service was the first to fly in the northeastern United States.
- Annually, nearly 800 doctors and approximately 5,000 staff members admit more than 29,000 patients; log over 68,000 emergency visits; and perform more than 21,000 surgical procedures -- all while upholding a commitment to excellence in patient care, medical education and research.
- AGH hosts residency training programs in 22 specialties including Emergency Medicine and combined IM/EM, as well as fellowships in Emergency Medical Services, EM-Sports Medicine and EM Ultrasound.
- Joint venture created withAHN to provide Emergency Medicine services
- Well-equipped, 28-room department has 33 beds and maintains ongoing renovation to function efficiently and meet the demands of the patient load
- Comprehensive stroke center designation; AGH is the first stroke center in the region
- Cardiac/STEMI center designation
- High-acuity with approximately 32% of patients admitted
- Active in EMS providing medical command to 16 ambulance services and supporting LifeFlight
Pittsburgh has been designated many times as one of the country’s most livable cities. A friendly, hardworking character and sense of pride permeates the region and its unique neighborhoods. Originally a major industrial center, Pittsburgh has made the successful transition to an economy that is largely based on healthcare, education, technology (especially computer software and robotics), and financial services.
Pittsburgh hosts world class education, including universities like Pitt and Carnegie Mellon, plus nationally recognized public and private schools. The residential options are vast and offer easy commuting from urban, suburban and rural amenities. The city and the region feature dozens of parks and other outdoor recreational attractions including the riverfront and mountains. Pittsburgh people are dedicated to their sports teams, including its major-league clubs — the Steelers, Penguins and Pirates. A beautiful downtown Cultural District is home to the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra, Pittsburgh Ballet Theater, Civic Light Opera and numerous theaters and galleries. Other attractions include the Carnegie Museums of Art and Natural History, Andy Warhol Museum, and Carnegie Science Center. Add in the many music festivals held annually, numerous dance companies performing around the area, and art galleries galore. Pittsburgh can satisfy just about any taste in the arts.