EM - Physician
Location: Bristol, CT
ED Volume: 41,000Contact a Recruiter
Are you looking for a position in a fast-paced environment where you can truly make a difference? As an emergency medicine physician at USACS, you will be part of a team dedicated to excellence, clinical autonomy and shared ownership. You will be responsible for treating and stabilizing acutely ill patients with life threatening conditions, while displaying proficiency in basic and critical emergency medicine skills.
Review position details below and apply online:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Physician equity ownership
- Industry leading, company funded retirement (an additional 10% to your 401k)
- Student Loan Refinancing as low as 2.99%
- CME/BEA (Business Expense Account) - $8,000 first year, then $4,000 annually
- Occurrence based medical malpractice including tail
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage (single or family)
- Groundbreaking parental paid leave; and flexible self-scheduling for new parents
- Leadership and clinical training opportunities unique to USACS
- Location flexibility and career stability of a national group
- The support you need to provide the best patient-centered care
Located in the center of Connecticut and America’s historic New England region, Bristol Hospital has been a healthcare staple for almost a century. Founded in 1919, Bristol Hospital has been continuously growing to meet the needs of a developing community. The hospital is located only 20 miles from Hartford, the state capital and home of the University of Connecticut.
Bristol Hospital offers a complete range of patient services including a first-rate emergency center; a 50,000 square foot state-of-the-art surgical center; a family-centered, single-room maternity unit; an award-winning ICU; Ingraham Manor skilled nursing facility; the Comprehensive Spine Program, which is the only CARF-accredited, multi-disciplinary pain management program in Connecticut; The Connecticut Gastroenterology Institute; Sleep Center, inpatient and outpatient behavioral health services; and an advanced Diagnostic Radiology department offering the latest in CT/PET, MRI and nuclear medicine.
- 28 beds
- 4-bed Express Care Unit
- 32 hours of physician coverage
- 20 hours of APP coverage
- Meditech with Dragon Dictation
- 15% PEDs, 5% psych admits
- Observation Care unit
With its many parks, museums, leafy neighborhoods and excellent schools, both public and private, Bristol is a great place to raise a family. Home to ESPN, Bristol has also managed to attract a solid base of industries and quality jobs, continuing a long tradition of economic stability. Central to myriad cultural and outdoor activities, from Appalachian mountain hiking to exploring Atlantic Ocean beaches to all that nearby Hartford, New Haven, and Waterbury have to offer, Bristol truly offers something for everyone.
Bristol’s ten elementary, three middle, and two high schools provide excellent public education for the 24,000 households of which approximately 29% have children under the age of 18. In addition to the public school system, the area also offers a number of private schools.