EM - Physician
Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center
Location: E. Patchogue, NY
ED Volume: 71,000Contact a Recruiter
- Comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Physician equity ownership
- Industry leading, company funded retirement (an additional 10% to your 401k)
- Student Loan Refinancing as low as 2.99%
- CME/BEA (Business Expense Account) - $8,000 first year, then $4,000 annually
- Occurrence based medical malpractice including tail
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage (single or family)
- Groundbreaking parental paid leave; and flexible self-scheduling for new parents
- Leadership and clinical training opportunities unique to USACS
- Location flexibility and career stability of a national group
- The support you need to provide the best patient-centered care
- 306-bed community hospital has been serving the needs of Suffolk County
- Brookhaven provides leading-edge healthcare solutions through a focused and compassionate team in technologically advanced facilities - including a Level II Trauma Center.
- The Medical Center is comprised of the main campus, two community multi-disciplinary health centers, and a modern state-of-the-art facility located in downtown Patchogue that accommodates a Hemodialysis Program, Home Health and Hospice/Bereavement Services, as well as an off-site ambulatory Women's Imaging Center.
- The Knapp Cardiac Care Center includes a Cath Lab, non-invasive cardiac diagnostics and a cardiac rehab center
- Recently expanded neuroscience and neurosurgery service through the acquisition of next generation surgical technology includes the StealthStation Treatment Guidance System to provide revolutionary 3D imaging and enhanced surgical capabilities.
- Other services include Behavioral Health, Breast Health Services, Cancer Care, Joint Replacement, Neuroscience, Pain Management, Radiology, Respiratory Care, Stroke Center, Surgery and Women's Health
- Full service laboratory is open 24 hours per day, 7 days per week
- 23% admission rate
- High volume, high acuity Area Trauma Center (ATC) with Level II Trauma Center designation
- Separate psychiatric ED
- Computerized radiography and dedicated x-ray and CT scanner services in ED, bedside ultrasonography, and hazmat decontamination facilities
- USACS’s PhysicianFirst physician-in-triage program 12-hours per day
- Fully-integrated Wellsoft program includes direct physician order entry, tracking and electronic documentation
- Busy EMS program with on-site medical director serves 28 separate ambulance services
- Support services from radiology, laboratory and pharmacy are excellent
Brookhaven Memorial Medical Center is located on the South Shore of Long Island in central Suffolk County. The community is growing and is situated 60 miles east of New York City and about 30 miles from Long Island’s East End and Twin Forks. Patchogue has one of the finest downtown shopping districts on Long Island. In addition to the fine mix of retail stores, there are excellent restaurants and a wide range of service providers. Extensive recreational amenities include a municipal pool, athletic fields, tennis courts and a large park on the shorefront. Kids sporting programs, adult leagues and senor programs are available. The Patchogue Theatre is a hallmark of the community.
Patchogue is very proud of their shorefront and riverfront that support considerable activity. The Patchogue River is one of the largest and finest on Long Island and accommodates numerous private yachts and small craft as well as commercial vessels, with a number of marinas that service the region. The Fire Island National Sea Shore is headquartered in Patchogue Village where ferry services are provided to Watch Hill and Davis Park on Fire Island. Local residents enjoy easy access to highways, train service and a major regional airport (McArthur Airport), as well as local bus service.
Visit City Data for more information.