EM - Physician
Carteret Health Care
Location: Morehead City, NC
ED Volume: 38,000Contact a Recruiter
- Comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Physician equity ownership
- Industry leading, company funded retirement (an additional 10% to your 401k)
- Student Loan Refinancing as low as 2.99%
- CME/BEA (Business Expense Account) - $8,000 first year, then $4,000 annually
- Occurrence based medical malpractice including tail
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage (single or family)
- Groundbreaking parental paid leave; and flexible self-scheduling for new parents
- Leadership and clinical training opportunities unique to USACS
- Location flexibility and career stability of a national group
- The support you need to provide the best patient-centered care
- 135-bed community hospital situated in an attractive coastal setting
- Responsive back-up represents most specialties.
- State of the art equipment includes latest technology: 64 slice CT scanners, MRI (24 hour availability, rapid turnaround), and Ultrasound (24 hour availability, rapid turnaround).
- Facility has a progressive focus on outpatient services and has brought many services to the local population not generally found in a community this size, including an outpatient oncology clinic, Carolinas Center for Joint and Spine, family/child health programs and a wide variety of special evaluation services.
- 20% admission rate, representing 82% of total hospital admissions
- Primary Stroke Center
- Broad patient pathology, high acuity
- New 21,000 sq. ft. ED facility completed in July 2002, which includes 13 acute care beds, a 5-bed observation area and a 6-bed fast track unit
- Centralized Physician and PA workspace with natural lighting
- Foreun Electronic Documentation System with back up dictation available24-hours per day
- Outstanding PA support
- Excellent nursing staff is predominantly TNCC, ACLS, BTLS and PALS certified.
- 3:1 nursing ratio provides for attentive available staff.
- Active EMS in area with medical direction for the county based in the Carteret ED
Morehead City is known both as a stunning resort community as well as a major deep-water port city. It is located on the Intercoastal Waterway and is part of Carteret County, which has a local population approaching 65,000. Carteret Health Care is situated in the heart of Morehead City, overlooking the 25 miles of uninterrupted beach that composes Emerald Isle. Carteret County boasts an educational system that is ranked one of the best in the state on EOG and SAT scores. Its mild climate and scenic beauty - including a total of over 81 miles of spectacular sandy beaches make it an amazing place to live, work, relax and vacation. Popular outdoor activities include surfing, diving, kayaking, canoeing, nature trails, bicycling, camping, golfing and horseback riding. Deep-sea and pier fishing are among the best in the country. Also Carteret County is a premier scuba dive location due to the incredible variety of sea life and shipwrecks so close to the coast (it is fondly referred to as the "Graveyard of the Atlantic").
Carteret County has an established arts community and has several museums and historic districts. It is home to the NC Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores, the North Carolina Maritime Museum, and the Core Sound Waterfowl Museum and Heritage Center. The Annual NC Seafood Festival, Kite Festival, Atlantic Beach King Mackerel Tournament, Fort Macon Summer Concert Series, Cinema by the Sea Outdoor Summer Film Series, Emerald Isle Holiday Parade, and Beaufort Wine and Food Weekend are just some of the many local events that make Carteret County a fun and family-oriented community.
For additional information, visit City Data.