EM - Physician
Genesys Regional Medical Center
Location: Grand Blanc, MI
ED Volume: 62,000Contact a Recruiter
- Comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Physician equity ownership
- Industry leading, company funded retirement (an additional 10% to your 401k)
- Student Loan Refinancing as low as 2.99%
- CME/BEA (Business Expense Account) - $8,000 first year, then $4,000 annually
- Occurrence based medical malpractice including tail
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage (single or family)
- Groundbreaking parental paid leave; and flexible self-scheduling for new parents
- Leadership and clinical training opportunities unique to USACS
- Location flexibility and career stability of a national group
- The support you need to provide the best patient-centered care
- As the leading health care provider in mid-Michigan, Genesys is anchored by a 21st century inpatient facility - Genesys Regional Medical Center at Health Park in Grand Blanc, Michigan - one of the first medical centers of its kind built both clinically and architecturally around a patient-focused care philosophy.
- Since opening in 1997, Genesys Regional Medical Center has continued to gain recognition for its clinical excellence. The 410-bed center includes a level II emergency trauma center with a cardiac rapid diagnostic center that was built in 2006, the Genesys Heart Institute, the Family Birthing Center, and expanded clinical expertise in neurosciences, orthopedics, geriatric services, oncology, and minimally invasive surgical procedures in almost every specialty area.
- Genesys is a Healthgrades Five Star Distinguished Hospital Award winner for Clinical Excellence
- The Genesys Emergency Medicine Residency Program is a dually accredited program recognized by both the AOA and ACGME. Genesys is a founding member and training site in the Statewide Campus System (SCS) of Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine. Affiliated residencies include Emergency Medicine, ENT, Family Practice, General Surgery, Internal Medicine, OB/Gyn and Orthopedic Surgery. SCS is a partnership of 20 major teaching hospitals and Michigan State University that offers all the benefits and advantages of a nationally recognized university combined with the opportunity for hands-on clinical training, SCS enhances the diversity of the clinical experience and strengthens the organization and planning for residency programs.
- Modern department has had ongoing renovations and is arranged in multiple zones with 47 ED treatment rooms and 11 rooms in a cardiac observation unit, plus 30 beds in the primary observation unit
- Physician-in-triage program
- Patient population is high acuity with a good primary care base; admission rate is 28%
- Full specialty support with only pediatric intensive care, burns, psych and complex orthopedic cases transferred
- Active EM ultrasound service
- Comprehensive EMS education includes Genesys’ Emergency Medical Technician (EMT-Basic), Paramedic educational programs and continuing education, including GI, Oncology and Cardiology
- Excellent coverage with approximately 67 physician hours per day, including PIT (does not include 3 hours of physician coverage in observation)
- Shifts are primarily 8 and 9 hours with 2 shifts spending an additional 1 to 2 hours in observation
- Mid-Level coverage for observation and cardiac rapid diagnosis center totals 24 hours, comprised of 8 hour shifts from 7 am to 11 pm
The City of Grand Blanc, Michigan is located in Genesee County approximately 45 minutes north of metro Detroit (4 miles north of the Oakland County line), 15 minutes southeast of Flint and 35 minutes north of Auburn Hills. Saginaw and Holly Roads are major thoroughfares for the area, both of which provide direct access to I-75. Northern Detroit offers a number of upscale residential areas with high-quality schools and housing, plus easy access to both Detroit and Flint airports and abundant shopping and dining in several communities plus metro Detroit. There is also a variety of outdoor recreation with a number of state parks including the Holly, Ortonville, and Metamora-Hadley Recreation Areas, plus skiing at Mt. Holly.
For more information visit City Data.