EM - Physician
Location: Jefferson Hills, PA
ED Volume: 55,000Contact a Recruiter
Are you looking for a position in a fast-paced environment where you can truly make a difference? As an emergency medicine physician at USACS, you will be part of a team dedicated to excellence, clinical autonomy and shared ownership. You will be responsible for treating and stabilizing acutely ill patients with life threatening conditions, while displaying proficiency in basic and critical emergency medicine skills.
Review position details below and apply online:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Physician equity ownership
- Industry leading, company funded retirement (an additional 10% to your 401k)
- Student Loan Refinancing as low as 2.99%
- CME/BEA (Business Expense Account) - $8,000 first year, then $4,000 annually
- Occurrence based medical malpractice including tail
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage (single or family)
- Groundbreaking parental paid leave; and flexible self-scheduling for new parents
- Leadership and clinical training opportunities unique to USACS
- Location flexibility and career stability of a national group
- The support you need to provide the best patient-centered care
Jefferson Hospital is proud that nearly every room in this 370-bed award-winning hospital is private, affording patients improved comfort in an atmosphere conducive to healing. A medical staff of nearly 400 physicians provides patients with their expertise in more than 40 specialties including comprehensive inpatient and outpatient surgical services, a Cardiovascular Institute, Cancer Institute, Orthopaedic Institute, Women and Infants Center, Women's Diagnostic Center, Sleep Disorders Center, Wound Care Center and Therapy Services. Spiritual Care and comprehensive Behavioral Health Services are also available.
A $17.5 million surgical suite construction project was recently completed and features a state-of-the-art, minimally-invasive, peripheral vascular suite and minimally-invasive suites for orthopedics and general surgery. With its cardiovascular suites, catheterization and electro-physiology labs already in place, Jefferson will be the most modern healthcare facility in the region.
Jefferson Hospital was the first hospital in Pennsylvania to be designated by the American Heart Association as a Mission: Lifeline Heart Attack Receiving Center. More than 5,000 open-heart procedures and more than 21,000 cardiac catheterizations have been performed at Jefferson’s Heart Institute. Since it opened less than 10 years ago, The Heart Institute at Jefferson Hospital has received top national and professional awards that underscore its success with complex cardiac surgical procedures.
Jefferson Hospital has won numerous awards in recent years in the areas of stroke and cardiac care including HealthGrades Cardiac Surgery Excellence and Vascular Care Excellence Awards, Solucient – Top 100 Hospitals: Stroke Benchmarks for Success and Intensive Care Units, and HealthGrades Stroke Excellence Award.
- Broad Pathology with 30% admission rate
- Modern, 37-bed ED has 2 sections with separate work stations central to treatment rooms
- Well-equipped including GlideScope and Sonosite ultrasound machine; Soarian EMR
- Active EMS program offering medical command and education/grand rounds to a number of local services
- Stroke Center telemedicine
- Only complicated pediatric cases are transferred
- Jefferson Hospital Quick Care is a dedicated fast-track area open from 11 am – 11pm daily
- Excellent diagnostic radiology services include latest CT, MRI and 24-hour ultrasound
Jefferson Hills is situated in Pittsburgh’s South Hills proximate to a number of desirable residential areas. Jefferson Hills, Pleasant Hills, Mt. Lebanon, Upper St. Clair and Bethel Park boast excellent schools and a wide variety of housing ranging from historic homes to new construction in urban neighborhoods to rural settings. Downtown Pittsburgh is minutes away and the area provides the full range of recreational and cultural options including professional sports, world-class dining and shopping, riverside trail network and watersports, plus the mountains of the Laurel Highlands just a short drive away. Pittsburgh International Airport is close by, and the South Hills has a modern commuter rail system. Pittsburgh has been named one of America’s most livable cities many times.