As an Associate ED Medical Director at USACS, you will be responsible for collaborating with the ED Medical Director, hospital, and nursing leadership while offering support to your physician staff. Not only will you serve as a leader within the emergency department, you will also serve as a leader within the organization. Through our model of shared ownership, you will have an influence on broad company decisions and help facilitate the development of new leaders.
With USACS, you will be part of a team unique in today's industry. USACS provides physicians with ownership, unparalleled benefits and the opportunity to practice within a values-based model emphasizing quality of care, long-term wealth, and building a culture of shared ownership. USACS physicians enjoy the security and resources of a large, national group without sacrificing the advantages typically found in local EM groups.
Review position details below and apply online:
- Oversee the operations of the ED in collaboration with the ED Medical Director, nursing leadership and hospital administration
- Participate in Quality Assurance for the department
- Represent the ED in the community and within the hospital medical staff
- 228-bed hospital
- Part of the Allegheny Health Network (AHN)
- All major specialties are represented including cardiology (non-invasive) and surgical subspecialties
- Responsive lab and x-ray; radiology is adjacent to the emergency department; tele radiology at night
- 24-hour CT and ultrasound; MRI on site
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Telestroke program through Allegheny General Hospital
- ED Volume: 32,000
- 19% admission rate
- $13 million renovation project completed in 2011 included state-of-the-art ED with 24 rooms
- Active in EMS, 13 local squads, helipad on site
- EMS telemedicine program in which patients are fed from 16 services
- EMS teaching options are available for interested physicians
- Broad pathology includes cardiac, geriatric, medical, orthopedic, and pediatric patients with minimal trauma
- Dedicated, well-trained and experienced emergency nurses
- Case management and Social work available in the ED
Ranked by many sources as one of America’s most livable cities, Pittsburgh is a sophisticated metropolitan area with a hometown feel, and is truly a wonderful place to live and work. From world class museums, theater, symphony and all cultural options, to professional sports (Pirates baseball, Steelers football, Penguin hockey and Riverhounds soccer), outstanding shopping and dining, and easy access to some of the best outdoor recreation in the northeast Pittsburgh has something for everyone. The region continues its renaissance with development of the waterfront and thriving metropolitan areas in town, and highly desirable suburbs with public and private schools ranked among the top 20% in the nation. Secondary education includes the University of Pittsburgh, Carnegie Mellon University, Robert Morris University, and Penn State branch campuses, plus many other smaller colleges.