An EM Assistant Director will have the opportunity to work alongside a supportive team to deliver excellence in patient care. Assistant directors are expected to support the EM director in overseeing the operations of the emergency department in collaboration with the nursing staff and hospital leadership.
- Supports the EM Director in overseeing the operations of the ED in collaboration with nursing leadership and hospital administration
- Helps with the supervision of the emergency medical staff, per the bylaws, policies, and procedures of the institution
- Represents the ED in the community and within the hospital medical staff
- 223 Bed / 41 Bassinets acute care hospital
- The most advanced technologies available
- Services include a special care nursery, a level III trauma program, a primary stroke center, and a wound center, as well as a cardiac diagnostic laboratory
- This 500,000 square-foot, medical center serves approximately 475,000 area residents
- State-of-the-art medical technologies
- Advanced 3T magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), single-photo-emission computed tomography (SPECT) scanners, and cardiac interventions
- ED Volume: 67,000
- Level III Trauma Center
- 52 bed
- 6 Fast Track beds
- 50 hours of physician coverage
- 50 hours of APP coverage
- Ebart with Meditech EMR system
- 14% admission rate; 12% PEDs
- Observation Care unit
Hagerstown offers small-town living within reach of Washington, DC and Baltimore. Situated between the Alleghany and Blue Ridge mountains, this bedroom community offers a rich history and has become a center of transit and commerce, as well as a commercial and industrial hub. Hagerstown features a beautiful park system and a forward-thinking school system. Its small-town hospitality and friendliness make Hagerstown a great place to call home.
Hagerstown’s public schools, administered by the Washington County Public Schools systems, provide students with access to world-class educational opportunities. Residents also have easy access to several private schools. Beyond a focus on academic performance, the schools offer a wide range of athletic programs. In addition, the Barbara Ingram School for the Arts is a magnet high school for gifted students.