An EM Assistant Director will have the opportunity to work alongside a supportive team to deliver excellence in patient care. Assistant directors are expected to support the EM director in overseeing the operations of the emergency department in collaboration with the nursing staff and hospital leadership.
- Supports the EM Director in overseeing the operations of the ED in collaboration with nursing leadership and hospital administration
- Helps with the supervision of the emergency medical staff, per the bylaws, policies, and procedures of the institution
- Represents the ED in the community and within the hospital medical staff
Located on the southwest side of Waco near the intersection of Highway 84 and Highway 6, Providence Health Center is a 237-bed acute-care hospital. This facility--the first hospital in Waco--is the centerpiece of an expansive campus that includes an Ambulatory Services Building for outpatient procedures and the MRI Center at Providence; Providence Medical Plaza, a professional office building; and Providence Clinic-Family Medicine Center, a primary care facility.
- ED Volume: 65,000
- ED beds: 51
- Patients/Hour: 2.2
- Admission Rate: 18%
- Coverage: 10-hour shifts with 50-60 hours MD and 30-40 hours of NP/PA coverage per day
- Scribe support
- Certified stroke and chest pain center
- Qualifications: BC/BP in Emergency Medicine
- Documentation: Epic
Situated halfway between the exciting Texas cities of Austin and Dallas, Waco is a charming and growing mid-sized city of more than 200,000 residents. Baylor University features prominently in the city's character, with more than 15,000 students who keep the population young and vibrant. Baylor also offers the excitement of Big 12 athletics, with competitive teams in football, basketball, and other sports. Waco is also the birthplace of Dr Pepper! Don't miss visiting the Dr Pepper museum, as well as the Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum and the Texas Sports Hall of Fame. For nature lovers, the 416-acre Cameron Park and the 52-acre Cameron Park Zoo are situated along the beautiful Brazos River.