An EM Assistant Director will have the opportunity to work alongside a supportive team to deliver excellence in patient care. Assistant directors are expected to support the EM director in overseeing the operations of the emergency department in collaboration with the nursing staff and hospital leadership.
- Supports the EM Director in overseeing the operations of the ED in collaboration with nursing leadership and hospital administration
- Helps with the supervision of the emergency medical staff, per the bylaws, policies, and procedures of the institution
- Represents the ED in the community and within the hospital medical staff
- 238 bed community hospital that combined with Rockingham Memorial Hospital and Sentara healthcare system
- Sentara provides Continuing Medical Education (CME) that provides educational opportunities for physicians and healthcare teams to improve their knowledge and become more efficient in their field
- Received Magnet recognition from The American Nurses Credentialing Center in 2014
- Sentara hospitals specialize in cardiac and vascular surgery with 24/7 cath lab, neurosciences, minimally invasive techniques, advanced imaging services, cancer treatment, and many other specialties
- Designated Stroke Center
- Pediatric hospitalist in addition to Adult hospitalist program
- Inpatient Psychiatry
- ED Volume: 66,000
- Designated Fast-track and low acuity areas.
- Modern facility – opened 2010 with 54 rooms
- 24/7 ultrasound capacity.
- 24/7 crisis counselor’s availability.
- Excellent specialty back up.
- No trauma designation.
Sentara RMH Medical Center is in Harrisonburg, Virginia which exudes a plethora of ethnic backgrounds, a rich of agricultural heritage as well as outdoor recreation opportunities that include local skiing, mountain biking, hiking and watersports. The University fine arts center brings entertainment for all ages as does division one college sports. Harrisonburg has a friendly, tight knit community with a multitude of fine dining choices, local city parks and cultural activities.