Seeking Experienced Emergency Medicine Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner.
At US Acute Care Solutions, you will have the opportunity to practice compassionate, attentive, and quality care with a group that invests in your growth, while valuing and rewarding your expertise.
Our Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners work side by side with our physicians as clinical colleagues, with support through their own local, regional, and national APP leadership. That’s because, as the country’s leading physician-owned acute care group, we understand how important it is to be supported in leadership by your APP colleagues to focus on what’s important: quality patient care.
- 228-bed hospital
- Part of the Allegheny Health Network (AHN)
- All major specialties are represented including cardiology (non-invasive) and surgical subspecialties
- Responsive lab and x-ray; radiology is adjacent to the emergency department; tele radiology at night
- 24-hour CT and ultrasound; MRI on site
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Telestroke program through Allegheny General Hospital
- ED Volume: 32,000
- Admission rate is around12%
- Recently completed $13 million renovation project for brand new ED with 24 rooms including a 5-room dedicated fast-track
- Active in EMS, 13 local squads, helipad on site
- EMS telemedicine program in which patients are fed from 16 services
- EMS teaching options are available for interested physicians
- Broad pathology includes cardiac, geriatric, medical, orthopedic, and pediatric patients with minimal trauma
- Dedicated, well-trained and experienced emergency nurses
- The New Kensington Urgent Care Center is located at the Citizens Ambulatory Care Center in nearby New It is staffed by the Allegheny Valley Hospital team and is open 8 hours per day/5 days a week with approximately 7,000 annual visits
- Newly-renovated ED
- Case management and Social work available in the ED
Ranked by many sources as one of America’s most livable cities, Pittsburgh is a sophisticated metropolitan area with a hometown feel, and is truly a wonderful place to live and work. From world class museums, theater, symphony and all cultural options, to professional sports (Pirates baseball, Steelers football, Penguin hockey and Riverhounds soccer), outstanding shopping and dining, and easy access to some of the best outdoor recreation in the northeast Pittsburgh has something for everyone. The region continues its renaissance with development of the waterfront and thriving metropolitan areas in town, and highly desirable suburbs with public and private schools ranked among the top 20% in the nation. Secondary education includes the University of Pittsburgh, Carnegie Mellon University, Robert Morris University, and Penn State branch campuses, plus many other smaller colleges.