An EM Assistant Director will have the opportunity to work alongside a supportive team to deliver excellence in patient care. Assistant directors are expected to support the EM director in overseeing the operations of the emergency department in collaboration with the nursing staff and hospital leadership.
- Supports the EM Director in overseeing the operations of the ED in collaboration with nursing leadership and hospital administration
- Helps with the supervision of the emergency medical staff, per the bylaws, policies, and procedures of the institution
- Represents the ED in the community and within the hospital medical staff
- 350-bed community hospital situated in a wonderful, mid-sized town on the eastern seaboard
- In addition to Internal Medicine Hospitalist service, we have General Surgery, Orthopedic, and Critical Care Intensivist Hospitalists for admissions.
- Radiologists read all studies 24-7
- Medical staff of over 230 representing most major specialties, including: hospitalist admissions, general surgery admissions, orthopedics, ENT, Urology, Spine Surgery, Interventional Radiology, Interventional cardiology, Thoracic/Cardiovascular Surgery and inpatient psychiatry.
- Neurology and Psychiatry consultations readily available in ED using telemedicine program.
- Code Stroke program in coordination with East Carolina University facilitates easy transfers for patients needing acute neuromuscular interventions.
- Modern equipment includes helical and conventional CT scanners, MRI (3-T) and PET-CT
- Responsive lab and x-ray with turnaround times of less than one hour; primary service provider for a three county area; and regional health center for a five county area
- Primary service provider for a three-county area; and regional health center for a five county area
- ED Volume: 68,000
- 20% admission rate, representing 35-40% of total hospital admissions
- 33 main ED treatment rooms plus 15 minor care beds during peak service hours
- Dedicated radiology suites in the ED and minor care area, with bedside ultrasound in the main ED
- 2 new Sonosite US machines dedicated to ED for POC US
- Mini lab in ED and minor care area use Point of Care testing
- Provider in Triage staffed by APPs during high volume periods.
- The main ED and minor care rooms are staffed with advanced practice practitioners (APP’s)
- Flexible documentation system using templates and voice recognition
- Emergency physicians do not write admitting orders
- Excellent ACLS certified nursing staff
New Bern is a picturesque, near-coastal town with outstanding views situated at the confluence of the Trent and Neuse Rivers with a population of 30,000 people. There are river views in virtually all directions, a thriving downtown with lots of restaurants, boutiques, antique stores, and multiple historical attractions (New Bern is the second oldest town in NC). There are also loads of outdoor activities available with easy access to multiple walking trails as well as the Atlantic coast by boat or car. Low cost of living with quality housing options are available in communities with excellent schools including private and parochial options. Enjoy a high quality of life with abundant recreational amenities.
New Bern is also home to a beautiful new airport providing frequent flights and easy access to connections through Charlotte on US Airways and Atlanta on Delta.
• Equity for all full-time physicians
• Industry-leading, company funded 401k
• Annual CME/BEA (Business Expense Account)
• Outstanding Professional development programs
• Student loan refinancing as low as 2.99%
• Groundbreaking Paid Parental Leave
• Pioneering Paid Military Leave
• Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
• Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage
• The best medical malpractice including tail coverage
• Location flexibility and stability of a national group