An EM Assistant Director will have the opportunity to work alongside a supportive team to deliver excellence in patient care. Assistant directors are expected to support the EM director in overseeing the operations of the emergency department in collaboration with the nursing staff and hospital leadership.
- Supports the EM Director in overseeing the operations of the ED in collaboration with nursing leadership and hospital administration
- Helps with the supervision of the emergency medical staff, per the bylaws, policies, and procedures of the institution
- Represents the ED in the community and within the hospital medical staff
- 114-bed, full-service, not-for-profit hospital
- Delivers state-of-the-art emergency, acute inpatient and outpatient care
- Accredited by The Joint Commission
- Numerous awards and designations for excellence in quality and patient care
- ED Volume: 48,000
- 30 bed department with a separate Fast Track
- 38 hours of physician coverage and 38 hours of APP coverage
- Cerner EMR system
Leonardtown is a town in and the county seat of St. Mary's County, Maryland. Leonardtown features an environment buzzing with culture and many of the cosmopolitan delights that would be expected from a larger city. Combining a high standard of living with economic stability, low crime, excellent education, and a unique waterfront location and lifestyle opportunities, this small town is more than a charming historic hub - it’s a beautiful alternative to the big city grind.
The Leonardtown school system is large enough to offer a wide variety of academic programs and services, and small enough to maintain an atmosphere of friendliness, helpfulness, and personalized service. The school system is focused on student achievement and assures that students meet rigorous standards.