An EM Assistant Director will have the opportunity to work alongside a supportive team to deliver excellence in patient care. Assistant directors are expected to support the EM director in overseeing the operations of the emergency department in collaboration with the nursing staff and hospital leadership.
- Supports the EM Director in overseeing the operations of the ED in collaboration with nursing leadership and hospital administration
- Helps with the supervision of the emergency medical staff, per the bylaws, policies, and procedures of the institution
- Represents the ED in the community and within the hospital medical staff
- The facilities offer a comprehensive range of general and specialty services for medical, surgical, pediatric, geriatric and obstetric patients
- Sophisticated diagnostic testing services and state-of-the-art procedures are available
- Procedures including Diagnostic Cardiac Catheterization, Angioplasty and Open Heart Surgery are available on site
- ED Volume: 50,000
- The ED boasts a rapid medical evaluation unit to improve time to definitive treatment for moderate acute patients
- 48 beds
- 16 Fast Track beds
- 30 hours of physician coverage
- 40 hours of APP coverage
- Meditech EMR system
- Hospitalist Program
- 10% Pediatric visits
Tourists, tech companies, and a vibrant business community have made Cumberland a regional center, while the city’s picturesque neighborhoods, excellent public and private schools, restaurants, theaters, and many other attractions make it an ideal location to live, work, and play. Within an easy drive of Washington, DC, Baltimore, and Pittsburgh, Cumberland, while connected, is filled with families who’d rather go skiing, white water rafting, rock climbing, fishing, golfing, hiking, camping, or exploring in the beautiful mountains where they live.
Cumberland has a mix of public and private schools whose mission is to provide safe, happy places where kids can concentrate on learning. The schools host a number of academic competitions and athletic programs. In addition, four area colleges and universities are just a short drive from Cumberland.