Outstanding opportunity for physicians with strong interest in working with EM residents and taking their academic career to the next level! The chosen candidate will work closely with an excellent Program Director and faculty who are actively engaged in both education and community service, with a sincere dedication to training the next generation of emergency medicine providers.
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFIT PACKAGE:
- Highly competitive financial/benefits package
- Physician equity ownership for all full-time physicians
- Industry-leading and company funded 401k (an additional 10%)
- Yearly CME/BEA (Business Expense Account)
- Student loan refinancing as low as 2.99%
- Groundbreaking Paid Parental Leave
- Pioneering Paid Military Leave
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage
- The best medical malpractice including tail coverage
- Professional development programs
- Location flexibility and career stability of a national group
USACS is seeking an Assistant Residency Program Director to join our academic team at
Ohio Valley Medical Center (OVMC) in Wheeling, West Virginia.
The Assistant Residency Director will have protected academic and administrative time and will receive a generous stipend.
Since 2003, OVMC and its sister hospital East Ohio Regional Medical Center in Martins Ferry, Ohio (just 5 minutes away) have been host to an established, highly-regarded, community-based Emergency Medicine and EM/IM training program.
-6 residents per year/ 3 year residency
-Board certified Toxicologist as core faculty member
-Newly renovated education space
- Since 2003, OVMC and its sister hospital East Ohio Regional Medical Center in Martins Ferry, Ohio (just 5 minutes away) have been host to an established, highly-regarded, community-based Emergency Medicine and EM/IM training program.
- ACGME approved
- Six residents per year/three-year residency
- Simulation Lab
- Newly renovated education space
- Strong core faculty includes board-certified toxicologist
- 250-bed community teaching hospital with EM, IM residency programs and rotating internship
- Modern facility with full specialty back-up including invasive Psychology, Plastic Surgery, Orthopedics, Neurosurgery, Cardiology and Vascular Surgery; burns and serious neonatal cases are transferred to regional referral centers
- 19% admission rate
- 17-room recently renovated ED with rectangular layout and central nursing station
- New electronic patient tracking system, fully computerized physician order entry
- Broad pathology includes trauma (95% blunt/5% penetrating); center received 85% of the trauma cases in the area
Wheeling is a very safe, family-oriented West Virginia city of 35,000 situated along the Ohio River. The area boasts unique housing options including Victorian Wheeling, new home developments, and easily accessible rural areas. A variety of private and parochial options as well as four local colleges compliment excellent public schools ranked among the top 25% in the nation.
Recreational options are plentiful as well and include a local symphony, semi-pro hockey, arena football, and some of the best outdoor activities available anywhere. Golf at nearby Oglebay Park; a 1,700-acre resort with three courses and a new Arnold Palmer-designed course which opened in 2001; or ski at Snowshoe or Canaan Valley within a three to four-hour drive. The major metro amenities of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania are just an hour drive away and include great dining and shopping, Steelers football, Pirates baseball, Penguins hockey, as well as highly lauded theater and arts.