As a medical director at USACS, not only will you serve as a leader within the emergency room, you will also serve as a leader within the organization. Through our model of shared ownership, you will have an influence on broad company decisions and help facilitate the development of new leaders. At USACS, you’ll be part of a team unique in today’s industry. USACS provides physicians with ownership, unparalleled benefits and the opportunity to practice within a values-based model emphasizing quality, long-term wealth building and a culture of shared ownership. USACS physicians enjoy the security and resources of a large, national group without sacrificing the advantages typically found in local EM groups.
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFIT PACKAGE INCLUDING:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Physician equity ownership
- Industry leading, company-funded 401k (an additional 10%)
- Yearly CME/BEA (Business Expense Account)
- Student loan refinancing as low as 2.99%
- Groundbreaking Paid Parental Leave and flexible self-scheduling for new parents
- CME/BEA (Business Expense Account) $8,000 first year, then $4,000 annually
- Comprehensive fully-family medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage
- Pioneering Paid Military Leave
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- The best medical malpractice including tail coverage
- Leadership and clinical training opportunities unique to USACS
- Outstanding Developmental and Risk Management Programs
USACS is seeking Core Faculty and Clinical Faculty to join our academic team at:
Ohio Valley Medical Center (OVMC) in Wheeling, West Virginia.
Since 2003, OVMC and its sister hospital East Ohio Regional Medical Center in Martins Ferry, Ohio (just 5 minutes away) have been host to an established, highly-regarded, community-based Emergency Medicine and EM/IM training program.
-6 residents per year/ 3 year residency
-Board certified Toxicologist as core faculty member
-Newly renovated education space
- Since 2003, OVMC and its sister hospital East Ohio Regional Medical Center in Martins Ferry, Ohio (just 5 minutes away) have been host to an established, highly-regarded, community-based Emergency Medicine and EM/IM training program.
- ACGME approved
- Six residents per year/three-year residency
- Simulation Lab
- Newly renovated education space
- Strong core faculty includes board-certified toxicologist
- 250-bed community teaching hospital with EM, IM residency programs and rotating internship
- Modern facility with full specialty back-up including invasive Psychology, Plastic Surgery, Orthopedics, Neurosurgery, Cardiology and Vascular Surgery; burns and serious neonatal cases are transferred to regional referral centers
- 19% admission rate
- 17-room recently renovated ED with rectangular layout and central nursing station
- New electronic patient tracking system, fully computerized physician order entry
- Broad pathology includes trauma (95% blunt/5% penetrating); center received 85% of the trauma cases in the area
Wheeling is a very safe, family-oriented West Virginia city of 35,000 situated along the Ohio River. The area boasts unique housing options including Victorian Wheeling, new home developments, and easily accessible rural areas. A variety of private and parochial options as well as four local colleges compliment excellent public schools ranked among the top 25% in the nation.
Recreational options are plentiful as well and include a local symphony, semi-pro hockey, arena football, and some of the best outdoor activities available anywhere. Golf at nearby Oglebay Park; a 1,700-acre resort with three courses and a new Arnold Palmer-designed course which opened in 2001; or ski at Snowshoe or Canaan Valley within a three to four-hour drive. The major metro amenities of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania are just an hour drive away and include great dining and shopping, Steelers football, Pirates baseball, Penguins hockey, as well as highly lauded theater and arts.