Outstanding opportunity for physicians with strong interest in working with EM residents and taking their academic career to the next level! The chosen candidate will work closely with an excellent Program Director and faculty who are actively engaged in both education and community service, with a sincere dedication to training the next generation of emergency medicine providers.
USACS is seeking Core Faculty and Clinical Faculty to join our academic team at:
Ohio Valley Medical Center (OVMC) in Wheeling, West Virginia.
Since 2003, OVMC and its sister hospital East Ohio Regional Medical Center in Martins Ferry, Ohio (just 5 minutes away) have been host to an established, highly-regarded, community-based Emergency Medicine and EM/IM training program.
-6 residents per year/ 3 year residency
-Board certified Toxicologist as core faculty member
-Newly renovated education space
- 250-bed community teaching hospital
- Service area population of approximately 250,000
- Modern facility frequently updated with excellent equipment including CT and MRI
- ICU and CCU have 17 beds each in addition to a 42 bed TCU/Telemetry unit
- Full specialty back-up includes invasive Psychology, Plastic Surgery, Orthopedics, Neurosurgery, Cardiology and Vascular Surgery; burns and serious neonatal cases are transferred to regional referral centers
- Residency Program in EM, EM/IM in adiition to the Internal Medicine and rotating internship
- Dictated charting includes remote access/signature capabilities
- High quality nursing staff; most are CEN certified
Ohio Valley Medical Center:
- 30,000 Annual ED visits
- 19% admission rate
- 17 room recently renovated department with rectangular layout and central nursing station; plans are being developed for a brand new ED in the next several years
- New electronic patient tracking system, fully computerized physician order entry
- Broad pathology includes trauma (95% blunt/5% penetrating); center received 85% of the trauma cases in the area
East Ohio Regional Hospital (sister hospital located 5 minutes away):
- 18,000 Annual ED visits
- 14% admission rate
- Recent Emergency Department renovations completed
- Level III Trauma Center
- Active EMS system with 37 affiliated squads, medical command and training activities
Wheeling is a very safe, family-oriented West Virginia city of 35,000 situated along the Ohio River. The area boasts unique housing options including Victorian Wheeling, new home developments, and easily accessible rural areas. A variety of private and parochial options as well as four local colleges compliment excellent public schools ranked among the top 25% in the nation.
Recreational options are plentiful as well and include a local symphony, semi-pro hockey, arena football, and some of the best outdoor activities available anywhere. Golf at nearby Oglebay Park, a 1,700 acre resort with three courses and a new Arnold Palmer-designed course which opened in 2001; or ski at Snowshoe or Canaan Valley within a three to four hour drive. The major metro amenities of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania are just an hour drive away and include great dining and shopping, Steelers football, Pirates baseball, Penguins hockey, as well as highly regarded theater and arts.
Visit City Data for additional information.