Outstanding opportunity for physicians with strong interest in working with EM residents and taking their academic career to the next level! The chosen candidate will work closely with an excellent Program Director and faculty who are actively engaged in both education and community service, with a sincere dedication to training the next generation of emergency medicine providers. As an EM physician within USACS, you'll be part of a team unique in today's industry. USACS provides physicians with ownership, unparalleled benefits and the opportunity to practice within a values-based model emphasizing quality, long-term wealth building and a culture of shared ownership. USACS physicians enjoy the security and resources of a large, national group without sacrificing the advantages typically found in local EM groups.
- 176-bed facility situated in suburban Columbus, part of the OhioHealth Network of Hospitals
- All major specialties and hosting Osteopathic residency programs in Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine, Family Practice, ENT, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Orthopedics, Ophthalmology, Anesthesiology, Pediatrics, Vascular Surgery, General Surgery, and Neurology
- Academic affiliation is with Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine
- 16 bed-ICU and CCU
- Well-equipped facility with the latest technology available
- Certified Chest Pain Center with an interventional cardiology program 24/7
- Second floor boasts a state-of-the-art training facility with the Osteopathic Heritage Medical Education Cent
- ED Volume: 72,000
- Entirely new ED completed in 2010 featuring a 3 Pod System, 48 treatment rooms, 2 trauma rooms, and 7 triage rooms, all monitored and all with computers. Each treatment room also has its own flat-screen TV
- Use of Vocera badges to facilitate communication within the ED
- Award winning residency program with 32 residents who have often had the highest in-service exam scores nationally; faculty have won ACOEP and ACEP awards for teaching and leadership
- Teaching includes bedside and didactic activities and there are residents in the department 24 hours per day; research/publication options are available
- Newly acquired Electronic Medical Record system, with computerized discharge, Micromedix toxicology, and PCs throughout the department, as well as in every patient room. Latest version of Epic is the EMR used throughout all of OhioHealth.
- Active in EMS and training; serve as advisors for eleven squads
Columbus is the capital of and largest city in the state of Ohio. It serves as host to a thriving downtown business district with terrific shopping, dining and cultural attractions. Very close to downtown, the Short North area is home to many art galleries, eclectic restaurants, trendy shopping and unique apartments, while German Village offers beautiful old homes and ethnic dining in a safe city neighborhood. Suburban Columbus is a great place to raise a family with a wide variety of housing and public and private educational options.
Easy access is also afforded to a number of outdoor amenities including lakes, rivers, and an excellent park system. The nationally recognized Columbus Zoo also draws many visitors each year. Sports fans enjoy The Ohio State University and pro sports including: hockey, soccer, lacrosse, arena football, and minor league baseball. Columbus is also home to the PGA Memorial Tournament. The professional sports and other amenities of Cincinnati and Cleveland are within a two-to-three hour drive. In addition, many Broadway shows and major concerts are available in Columbus, throughout the year.