As a medical director at USACS, you will be responsible for collaborating with the hospital and nursing leadership while offering support to your physician staff. Not only will you serve as a leader within the emergency room, you will also serve as a leader within the organization. Through our model of shared ownership, you will have an influence on broad company decisions and help facilitate the development of new leaders.
Review position details below and apply online:
- Oversee the operations of the ED in collaboration with nursing leadership and hospital administration
- Supervise the EM staff, per the bylaws, policies and procedures of the institution
- Represent the ED in the community and within the hospital medical staff
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFIT PACKAGE:
- Highly competitive financial/benefits package
- Physician equity ownership for all full-time physicians
- Industry-leading and company funded 401k (an additional 10%)
- Yearly CME/BEA (Business Expense Account)
- Student loan refinancing as low as 2.99%
- Groundbreaking Paid Parental Leave
- Pioneering Paid Military Leave
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage
- The best medical malpractice including tail coverage
- Professional development programs
- Location flexibility and career stability of a national group
• 135-bed community hospital situated hospital situated in an attractive coastal setting
• Responsive back-up represents most specialties.
• State of the art equipment includes latest technology: 64 slice CT scanners, MRI (24-hour availability, rapid turnaround), Ultrasound (24-hour availability, rapid turnaround), Telemedicine for Stroke, on-site Psychiatry consults, and ED bedside Ultrasound program. All radiological services and equipment are ACR accredited.
• Facility has a progressive focus on outpatient services and has brought many services to the local population not generally found in a community this size, including an outpatient oncology center, Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Center, Carolinas Center for Joint and Spine, family/child health programs, and a wide variety of special evaluation services.
• 52 million-dollar expansion was recently completed and include a new Heme/Oncology Center, dialysis unit, a diagnostic cath lab, new CCU, new patient care rooms and a new café.
• 15% admission rate, representing 82% of hospital admissions
• Primary Stroke Center
• Broad patient pathology, high acuity
• 19,000 sq. ft. ED facility renovated in 2017, which includes 13 acute care beds, 10 bed Express Care, 5 bed Flex Care, and a locked behavioral health unit
• Meditech PDoc Documentation System with back-up dictation available 24 hours per day
• Outstanding 30+ hour per day APP (PA/NP) support
• Excellent nursing staff is predominately TNCC, ACLS, BTLS and PALS certified
• 4:1 nursing ratio provides for attentive available staff
• Active EMS in area with medical direction for the county based in the Carteret ED
• In House EMS personnel for tasking duties and hospital to hospital transports.
Morehead City is known both as a stunning resort community as well as a major deep-water port city. It is located on the Inter-Coastal Waterway and is part of Carteret County, which has a local population of over 65,000. Carteret Health Care is situated in the heart of Morehead city, overlooking the 25 miles of uninterrupted beach that composes Emerald Isle. Carteret County boasts an educational system that is ranked one of the best in the state on EOG and SAT scores. Its mild climate and scenic beauty (including a total of over 81 miles of spectacular sandy beaches) make it an amazing place to live, work, relax, and vacation. Popular outdoor activities include surfing, scuba diving, kayaking, canoeing, nature trails, bicycling, camping, golfing, and horseback riding. Deep-sea and pier fishing are among the best in the country. Carteret County is also a premier scuba dive location due to the incredible variety of sea life and shipwrecks so close to the coast. It is fondly referred to as the “Graveyard of the Atlantic”.