As a medical director at USACS, you will be responsible for collaborating with the hospital and nursing leadership while offering support to your physician staff. You will serve as a leader both within the emergency room, and as a leader within the organization. Through our model of shared ownership, you will influence on broad company decisions and help facilitate the development of new leaders.
With USACS, you'll be part of a team unique in today's industry. USACS provides physicians with ownership, unparalleled benefits and the opportunity to practice within a values-based model emphasizing quality, long-term wealth building a culture of shared ownership. USACS physicians enjoy the security and resources of a large, national group without sacrificing the advantages typically found in local EM groups.
Prior experience is required to be considered for this position.
- Oversee the operations of the ED in collaboration with nursing leadership and hospital administration
- Supervise the EM staff, per the bylaws, policies and procedures of the institution
- Represent the ED in the community and within the hospital medical staff
- Exeter Hospital is a 100-bed tax-exempt community hospital and an affiliate of Exeter Health Resources. The facility maintains a commitment to providing health care to the community in a competent, nurturing, and healing environment.
- Over 200 affiliated physicians on staff provide emergent, in-patient, and ambulatory care to the Rockingham County region.
- Exeter is committed to providing health care services that are innovative, progressive and focused on quality and the wellbeing of patients.
- Comprehensive health care services in breast health, birthing and reproductive medicine, cardiovascular, occupational and employee health, oncology and orthopedics are available to all.
- Interventional cardiac catheterization lab
- CT and MRI on site
- ED Volume: 27,000
- Diverse patient population with a wide range of clinical needs
- 18% admission rate
- 19% transfer rate
- Helipad outside of ED for helicopter transports to other facilities
- 19 room main ED with two designated behavioral health rooms
- Six room fast track area
- Three designated triage rooms
- State-of-the-art computer system with patient tracking and computer order entry
- Tele stroke services with Mass General Hospital
- Dragon dictation within EMR
- ED ultrasound
- EMS with 24 hours in house paramedic and ALS intercept service for the community
- Hazardous material decontamination facility
- Tele radiology for after hours
Exeter is located less than an hour from Boston and two national airports (Manchester, NH and Boston, MA), easy accessibility from NH Route 101, US Interstate 95, and the Amtrack Commuter Rail via the Downeaster.
An attractive place to live and work, Exeter boasts prestigious education systems both public and private, a community hospital, and diverse housing and workforce, creating a well-rounded and prosperous community.