As a medical director at USACS, you will be responsible for collaborating with the hospital and nursing leadership while offering support to your physician staff. Not only will you serve as a leader within the emergency room, you will also serve as a leader within the organization. Through our model of shared ownership, you will have an influence on broad company decisions and help facilitate the development of new leaders.
With USACS, you'll be part of a team unique in today's industry. USACS provides physicians with ownership, unparalleled benefits and the opportunity to practice within a values-based model emphasizing quality, long-term wealth building a culture of shared ownership. USACS physicians enjoy the security and resources of a large, national group without sacrificing the advantages typically found in local EM groups.
Review position details below and apply online:
- Oversee the operations of the ED in collaboration with nursing leadership and hospital administration
- Supervise the EM staff, per the bylaws, policies and procedures of the institution
- Represent the ED in the community and within the hospital medical staff
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFIT PACKAGE:
- Highly competitive financial/benefits package
- Physician equity ownership for all full-time physicians
- Industry-leading and company funded 401k (an additional 10%)
- Yearly CME/BEA (Business Expense Account)
- Student loan refinancing as low as 2.99%
- Groundbreaking Paid Parental Leave
- Pioneering Paid Military Leave
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage
- The best medical malpractice including tail coverage
- Professional development programs
- Location flexibility and career stability of a national group
Valley Baptist Medical Center has served South Texas with a faith-based mission for nearly 100 years. The 586-bed teaching hospital serves as the lead trauma center in the region and is the only hospital in the area offering comprehensive stroke services, including advanced endovascular neurology procedures. VBMC's expanded relationship with the Veterans Administration allows veterans to stay in the Valley, rather than travel to San Antonio, for most of their health care needs. ED physicians operate with an efficient "split-flow" ED process and enjoy a simple "one call" system for admissions and transfers. NPs and PAs practice independently in the ED, meaning physicians have no APP charts to sign.
- ED Beds: 36
- Patients/Hour: 1.9
- Admission Rate: 24%
- Coverage: 10- and 11-hour shifts with 42 hours of physician coverage and 30 hours of NP/PA coverage per day
- 100% scribe coverage for both physicians and APPs
- Trauma Designation: Level II
- Qualifications: BC/BP in emergency medicine required
- Documentation: Cerner FirstNet
- Provides emergency cardiac catheterization
Harlingen, TX, is located just 30 miles from the Texas Gulf Coast and the popular beaches of South Padre Island. Harlingen is renowned for its larger-then-life-size murals that brighten the streets of downtown Harlingen and decorate the walls inside local businesses. Picturesque, palm-lined Jackson Street has served as Harlingen’s “Main Street” for more than a century, featuring family-friendly events including Market Days, walking tours, and Family Movie Nights. In addition to birding, hunting, and fishing, outdoor activities include world-class golf at local country clubs and public golf courses--including but not limited to two 18-hole championship courses at Rancho Viejo Resort and a picturesque 18 hole course along the Laguna Madre Bay at the South Padre Island Golf Club. For more information, visit http://www.visitharlingentexas.com.