As a medical director at USACS, you will be responsible for collaborating with the hospital and nursing leadership while offering support to your physician staff. You will serve as a leader both within the emergency room, and as a leader within the organization. Through our model of shared ownership, you will influence on broad company decisions and help facilitate the development of new leaders.
With USACS, you'll be part of a team unique in today's industry. USACS provides physicians with ownership, unparalleled benefits and the opportunity to practice within a values-based model emphasizing quality, long-term wealth building a culture of shared ownership. USACS physicians enjoy the security and resources of a large, national group without sacrificing the advantages typically found in local EM groups.
Prior experience is required to be considered for this position.
Review position details below and apply online:
- Oversee the operations of the ED in collaboration with nursing leadership and hospital administration
- Supervise the EM staff, per the bylaws, policies and procedures of the institution
- Represent the ED in the community and within the hospital medical staff
- 82-bed, acute care hospital in Durango, Colorado
- Southwest Colorado’s largest and most technologically advanced medical facility
- Healthgrades®, a leading independent health care ratings company, has named Mercy Regional Medical Center among the top five percent in the nation for Outstanding Patient Experience, for nine years in a row
- Areas of specialties include breast diagnostics, cancer care, orthopedics, emergency medicine, a level III trauma unit and radiology
- As a non-profit hospital that is part of the Centura Health network, Mercy is committed to improving the health and wellness of the communities it services in the Four Corners region
- ED Volume: 20,000
- Emergency Department open 24/7
- Level IV Trauma Center
- 20 main ED treatment rooms
- Close proximity to all radiology services, with bedside ultrasound in the main ED
- ED Point of Care testing
- Flexible documentation system using templates and voice recognition
- Emergency physicians do not write admitting orders
Durango is proud of its diverse culture with a broad spectrum of lifestyles. People are drawn here from all over the country and the world. Durango is tucked away in the Animas River Valley in one of the most beautiful areas in Southwest Colorado, with easy access to both the San Juan Mountains and the high desert landscape of southern Utah. Durango is well known for its many recreational activities and enjoys an ideal four-season climate.
With a population of 18,000, this charming town offers a mixture of frontier spirit, natural beauty and friendly folks. The town of Durango is in La Plata County, which has an overall population of 54,000.