As a medical director at USACS, you will be responsible for collaborating with the hospital and nursing leadership while offering support to your physician staff. You will serve as a leader both within the emergency room, and as a leader within the organization. Through our model of shared ownership, you will influence on broad company decisions and help facilitate the development of new leaders.
With USACS, you'll be part of a team unique in today's industry. USACS provides physicians with ownership, unparalleled benefits and the opportunity to practice within a values-based model emphasizing quality, long-term wealth building a culture of shared ownership. USACS physicians enjoy the security and resources of a large, national group without sacrificing the advantages typically found in local EM groups.
Prior experience is required to be considered for this position.
Review position details below and apply online:
- Oversee the operations of the ED in collaboration with nursing leadership and hospital administration
- Supervise the EM staff, per the bylaws, policies and procedures of the institution
- Represent the ED in the community and within the hospital medical staff
- 223 Bed / 41 Bassinets acute care hospital
- The most advanced technologies available
- Services include a special care nursery, a level III trauma program, a primary stroke center, and a wound center, as well as a cardiac diagnostic laboratory
- This 500,000 square-foot, medical center serves approximately 475,000 area residents
- State-of-the-art medical technologies
- Advanced 3T magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), single-photo-emission computed tomography (SPECT) scanners, and cardiac interventions
- ED Volume: 67,000
- Level III Trauma Center
- 52 bed
- 6 Fast Track beds
- 50 hours of physician coverage
- 50 hours of APP coverage
- Ebart with Meditech EMR system
- 14% admission rate; 12% PEDs
- Observation Care unit
Hagerstown offers small-town living within reach of Washington, DC and Baltimore. Situated between the Alleghany and Blue Ridge mountains, this bedroom community offers a rich history and has become a center of transit and commerce, as well as a commercial and industrial hub. Hagerstown features a beautiful park system and a forward-thinking school system. Its small-town hospitality and friendliness make Hagerstown a great place to call home.
Hagerstown’s public schools, administered by the Washington County Public Schools systems, provide students with access to world-class educational opportunities. Residents also have easy access to several private schools. Beyond a focus on academic performance, the schools offer a wide range of athletic programs. In addition, the Barbara Ingram School for the Arts is a magnet high school for gifted students.