As a medical director at USACS, you will be responsible for collaborating with the hospital and nursing leadership while offering support to your physician staff. You will serve as a leader both within the emergency room, and as a leader within the organization. Through our model of shared ownership, you will influence on broad company decisions and help facilitate the development of new leaders.
With USACS, you'll be part of a team unique in today's industry. USACS provides physicians with ownership, unparalleled benefits and the opportunity to practice within a values-based model emphasizing quality, long-term wealth building a culture of shared ownership. USACS physicians enjoy the security and resources of a large, national group without sacrificing the advantages typically found in local EM groups.
Prior experience is required to be considered for this position.
Review position details below and apply online:
- Oversee the operations of the ED in collaboration with nursing leadership and hospital administration
- Supervise the EM staff, per the bylaws, policies and procedures of the institution
- Represent the ED in the community and within the hospital medical staff
- 450 bed, full-service acute care hospital with a reputation for excellence
- Penrose-St. Francis has been named One of America’s 50 Best Hospitals for 10 years in a row (2008 - 2017) by Healthgrades
- Southern Colorado's only Magnet Recognized hospital
- Emergency Medicine physicians actively engaged with all major hospital committees including: Chief of staff, Director of Peer Review, Credentials committee, Quality Committee
- ED Volume: 44,000
- Level II Trauma Center – with level I verification
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Emergency Medicine Excellence Award for 3 Years in a Row (2010-2012)
- Ranked Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Emergency Medicine for 3 Years in a Row (2010-2012)
- Five-Star Recipient for Emergency Medicine for 3 Years in a Row (2010-2012)
- 32 main ED treatment rooms
- Close proximity to all radiology services, with bedside ultrasound
- ED Point of Care testing, with a lab tech in the ED
- Flexible documentation system using templates and voice recognition
- Scribe service available
- Fully mature PA program with 15 years of full PA integration
- ED managed observation unit
- Incentive based compensation
- Epic EMR System
- 11-bed Observation Unit exclusively for emergency medicine patients
- Approximately 5,000 patients/year
- Average patient length of stay < 20 hours
- National observation program support and oversight.
At the base of Pikes Peak, Colorado springs is home to the US Olympic committee, the Olympic training center, and the US Senior Open. And outdoor paradise, Colorado Springs has 265 miles of park and urban trails with over 5000 acres of open space. Close proximity to skiing, hiking, mountain biking, road biking and fishing make this a great community for families or outdoor enthusiasts. Voted the most desirable place to live in the US by US News and World Report, the #1 mountain community by Money Magazine, and Outside magazine’s “Best Town”, Colorado Springs has something for everyone.
With some of the best public schools systems in the state, Colorado Springs is a perfect place to raise a family that wants to live, work and play in the mountains.