As a system medical director you will manage the operations of the system emergency departments in collaboration with the site medical directors, nursing leadership and hospital administration. You'll also oversee supervision of the system's emergency medicine staff, per the bylaws, policies and procedures of the institution. You will represent the system emergency departments in the community and within the hospital medical staff.
- 1,112-bed regional tertiary care center serving northeast Oklahoma, southwest Missouri, northwest Arkansas and southeast Kansas
- Approximately 800 physicians on staff with a wide range of advanced medical specialties.
- The new Trauma Emergency Center and Tower opened the summer of 2014
- Children’s Hospital opened in 2008 and provides 24 hour PICU Intensivist care, 24 hour NICU neonatologist care, a pediatric hospitalist service and many pediatric subspecialists
- ED Volume: 108,000
- Brand New state-of-the-art Trauma II Emergency Center
- 68,000 square feet department includes 4 trauma bays, 12 critical care rooms, 32 general medical monitored examination rooms (4 of these are designated for psychiatric patients), 4 triage stations, 7 fast track bays, and 1 decontamination room
- Trauma Emergency Center (TEC) admission rate is approximately 33% annually
- Emergency medicine, pediatric and family practice residents rotate along with occasional PA students in the Pediatric Emergency Center. The Trauma Emergency Center hosts a variety of medic, PA, and medical students throughout the year. Teaching opportunities are available for interested physicians
- 2 CT suites, 2 radiology rooms and 1 revascularization lab in the TEC
- 2 helipads on the roof of the trauma tower
- Convertible area for mass casualty response within ambulance bay
- Hospitalist service, trauma/general surgery, and OB/GYN all provide excellent support to our staff 24 hours a day
- Electronic tracking board and EPIC EMR
Pediatric Emergency Department
- Separate Pediatric Emergency Center area is staffed by pediatric emergency medicine and pediatric physicians with an admission rate of approximately 19%
- Saint Francis hosts the only Children’s Hospital in the region
- Pediatric Emergency Center (PEC) has 23 treatment rooms that include 2 resuscitation rooms, 16 general medical monitored rooms and 5 fast track monitored bays. There are two triage stations and a separate lobby for pediatric patients and families
Tulsa prides itself on its growing economy, beautiful recreational and scenic destinations, and cultural attractions. Downtown Tulsa is a flourishing metropolitan area that still retains the friendliness and close-knit attitude of a much smaller city. Along with excellent school systems, strong universities and cultural hot-spots, Tulsa residents enjoy the option of many desirable suburban communities and a reasonable cost of living.