As a medical director at USACS, you will be responsible for collaborating with the hospital and nursing leadership while offering support to your physician staff. Not only will you serve as a leader within the emergency room, you will also serve as a leader within the organization. Through our model of shared ownership, you will have an influence on broad company decisions and help facilitate the development of new leaders.
With USACS, you'll be part of a team unique in today's industry. USACS provides physicians with ownership, unparalleled benefits and the opportunity to practice within a values-based model emphasizing quality, long-term wealth building a culture of shared ownership. USACS physicians enjoy the security and resources of a large, national group without sacrificing the advantages typically found in local EM groups.
Prior experience is required to be considered for this position.
Review position details below and apply online:
- Oversee the operations of the ED in collaboration with nursing leadership and hospital administration
- Supervise the EM staff, per the bylaws, policies and procedures of the institution
- Represent the ED in the community and within the hospital medical staff
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFIT PACKAGE:
- Highly competitive financial/benefits package
- Physician equity ownership for all full-time physicians
- Industry-leading and company funded 401k (an additional 10%)
- Yearly CME/BEA (Business Expense Account)
- Student loan refinancing as low as 2.99%
- Groundbreaking Paid Parental Leave
- Pioneering Paid Military Leave
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage
- The best medical malpractice including tail coverage
- Professional development programs
- Location flexibility and career stability of a national group
San Antonio’s Baptist Emergency Hospitals are not freestanding emergency departments, but rather “micro hospitals” offering inpatient services as well as 24/7 emergency medical care. Each facility is distinguished by offering streamlined admitting procedures, highly qualified physician and medical specialists at every level of care, and the latest diagnostic equipment.
The Schertz location is conveniently located along I-35 in the popular and fast-growing suburbs just northeast of San Antonio. Area entertainment abounds, with Retama Park just down the road, the original Schlitterbahn water park in nearby New Braunfels, and countless attractions throughout the Alamo City.
- ED Beds: 8
- Inpatient Beds: 8
- Admission Rate: 3%
- Coverage: 12-hour shifts with 24 hours of physician coverage per day plus APP support
- Scribe support
- Qualifications: BC/BP in emergency medicine preferred; BC/BP in a primary care specialty (FM/IM) accepted with recent emergency medicine experience
- Documentation: Picis
Enjoy living and working in this exciting, multicultural, metropolitan area. San Antonio is the nation's 7th largest city, offering numerous activities from major theme parks to the five-time NBA champion San Antonio Spurs. The famed River Walk is always a fun choice for dinner, a boat ride, or a leisurely stroll to entertain out-of-town guests. Plus, the Mexican food and Texas barbecue are to die for. Located on the edge of the beautiful Texas Hill Country, enjoy nearby wineries and charming scenic getaways as well. And the sights and sounds of Austin are only about an hour away.