As a medical director at USACS, you will be responsible for collaborating with the hospital and nursing leadership while offering support to your physician staff. Not only will you serve as a leader within the emergency room, you will also serve as a leader within the organization. Through our model of shared ownership, you will have an influence on broad company decisions and help facilitate the development of new leaders.
With USACS, you'll be part of a team unique in today's industry. USACS provides physicians with ownership, unparalleled benefits and the opportunity to practice within a values-based model emphasizing quality, long-term wealth building a culture of shared ownership. USACS physicians enjoy the security and resources of a large, national group without sacrificing the advantages typically found in local EM groups.
Prior experience is required to be considered for this position.
Review position details below and apply online:
- Oversee the operations of the ED in collaboration with nursing leadership and hospital administration
- Supervise the EM staff, per the bylaws, policies and procedures of the institution
- Represent the ED in the community and within the hospital medical staff
- Licensed 25-bed Critical Access Hospital located in Irvine, KY, just 45 miles SE of Lexington
- Extensive array of medical Specialty Clinics including Cardiology, Surgery, Nephrology, Urology, Orthopedics and Podiatry with specialists from Richmond and Lexington
- Characterized by its family-centered care, community involvement and progressive ideas in healthcare
- Sponsored by Mercy Health (formerly Catholic Healthcare Partners) one of the largest not-for-profit Catholic health systems in the country
- Full-service Lab, Respiratory Care, Radiology, Sleep, Nuclear Medicine, Cardiac and Rehabilitation services
- Kentucky’s First Level IV Trauma Center
- Named a Becker’s Hospital Review Top 100 Great Community Hospital
- Quality Recognition by the Kentucky Hospital Association
- Fully electronic records integrated with Primary care practices/Rural health clinics (Epic)
- ED Volume: 13,000
- 6% admission rate
- 8 ED beds
- State-of-the-art technology
Irvine, KY; the seat of Estill County (population 14,500), is on the Kentucky River at Station Camp Creek. Estill County is home of Kentucky’s most amazing scenic valleys such as Red Lick Valley, Sweet Lick Knob and Estill Springs, a place where the Shawnee Indians stayed years ago. Irvine is also home of the annual Mountain Mushroom Festival which is held annually in the last week of April. Estill County is an outstanding place to live, work, or play with a fine school district, strong community groups, beautiful scenery, high-quality healthcare, a rich history, a small town atmosphere, and close to just about any amenity you can think of. Estill County is home of the Cottage and Fitchburg Furnace and only 45 minutes away from Natural Bridge State Resort Park and the world-famous Red River Gorge with hiking trails and rock climbing.
• Equity for all full-time physicians
• Industry-leading, company funded 401k
• Annual CME/BEA (Business Expense Account)
• Outstanding Professional development programs
• Student loan refinancing as low as 2.99%
• Groundbreaking Paid Parental Leave
• Pioneering Paid Military Leave
• Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
• Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage
• The best medical malpractice including tail coverage
• Location flexibility and stability of a national group