As a medical director at USACS, you will be responsible for collaborating with the hospital and nursing leadership while offering support to your physician staff. You will serve as a leader both within the emergency room, and as a leader within the organization. Through our model of shared ownership, you will influence on broad company decisions and help facilitate the development of new leaders.
With USACS, you'll be part of a team unique in today's industry. USACS provides physicians with ownership, unparalleled benefits and the opportunity to practice within a values-based model emphasizing quality, long-term wealth building a culture of shared ownership. USACS physicians enjoy the security and resources of a large, national group without sacrificing the advantages typically found in local EM groups.
Prior experience is required to be considered for this position.
- Oversee the operations of the ED in collaboration with nursing leadership and hospital administration
- Supervise the EM staff, per the bylaws, policies and procedures of the institution
- Represent the ED in the community and within the hospital medical staff
- 114-bed, full-service, not-for-profit hospital
- Delivers state-of-the-art emergency, acute inpatient and outpatient care
- Accredited by The Joint Commission
- Numerous awards and designations for excellence in quality and patient care
- ED Volume: 49,000
- 30 bed department with a separate Fast Track
- 38 hours of physician coverage and 38 hours of APP coverage
- Cerner EMR system
Leonardtown is a town in and the county seat of St. Mary's County, Maryland. Leonardtown features an environment buzzing with culture and many of the cosmopolitan delights that would be expected from a larger city. Combining a high standard of living with economic stability, low crime, excellent education, and a unique waterfront location and lifestyle opportunities, this small town is more than a charming historic hub - it’s a beautiful alternative to the big city grind.
The Leonardtown school system is large enough to offer a wide variety of academic programs and services, and small enough to maintain an atmosphere of friendliness, helpfulness, and personalized service. The school system is focused on student achievement and assures that students meet rigorous standards.