As a medical director at USACS, you will be responsible for collaborating with the hospital and nursing leadership while offering support to your physician staff. You will serve as a leader both within the emergency room, and as a leader within the organization. Through our model of shared ownership, you will influence on broad company decisions and help facilitate the development of new leaders.
With USACS, you'll be part of a team unique in today's industry. USACS provides physicians with ownership, unparalleled benefits and the opportunity to practice within a values-based model emphasizing quality, long-term wealth building a culture of shared ownership. USACS physicians enjoy the security and resources of a large, national group without sacrificing the advantages typically found in local EM groups.
Prior experience is required to be considered for this position.
- Oversee the operations of the ED in collaboration with nursing leadership and hospital administration
- Supervise the EM staff, per the bylaws, policies and procedures of the institution
- Represent the ED in the community and within the hospital medical staff
- Sentara Healthcare is committed to delivering a distinctive combination of cutting-edge technology along with the Caring Tradition, and the promise of personalized care tailored to the needs of each individual patient
- 192 beds
- Medical staff consists of more than 100 physicians representing over 28 specialties
- Services at Sentara Halifax Regional Hospital include; cardiovascular services, emergency services, family birthing center, hospitalist program, imaging/radiology services, laboratory services, nephrology services, orthopedic services, rehabilitation services and surgical services
- ED Volume: 25,000
- 22 ED beds
- EPIC EMR
- 24 hours of daily physician coverage
- Experienced APP team provides daily coverage
Halifax County, Virginia lies just north of the North Carolina border, in the middle of the state of Virginia East-West; the population is a little over 36,000 and the largest town in the county is South Boston. Other towns include Halifax (the County seat), Scottsburg and Virginia. Outdoor enthusiasts will love that we’re a part of Southern Virginia’s Wild Blueway, and Virginia’s largest lake, Buggs Island Lake (aka Kerr Lake) is located here. Halifax is also famous for our motorsports, home to South Boston Speedway and Virginia International Raceway. History lovers will enjoy battlefields, museums, genealogy at the Court House, historic Berry Hill Plantation, the Crossing of the Dan exhibit, and more.