As a medical director at USACS, you will be responsible for collaborating with the hospital and nursing leadership while offering support to your physician staff. You will serve as a leader both within the emergency room, and as a leader within the organization. Through our model of shared ownership, you will influence on broad company decisions and help facilitate the development of new leaders.
With USACS, you'll be part of a team unique in today's industry. USACS provides physicians with ownership, unparalleled benefits and the opportunity to practice within a values-based model emphasizing quality, long-term wealth building a culture of shared ownership. USACS physicians enjoy the security and resources of a large, national group without sacrificing the advantages typically found in local EM groups.
Prior experience is required to be considered for this position.
- Oversee the operations of the ED in collaboration with nursing leadership and hospital administration
- Supervise the EM staff, per the bylaws, policies and procedures of the institution
- Represent the ED in the community and within the hospital medical staff
- ED Volume: 43,000
- ED Beds: 30
- Patients/Hour: 2.0
- Admission Rate: 17%
- Trauma Designation: Level III with planning for Level II in the 2018
- Chest Pain Center
- Stroke Center
- Coverage: 8-9 hour physician shifts with 48-51 hours of coverage, APP coverage of 22-32 hours per day
- Qualifications: BC/BP in Emergency Medicine
- Documentation: Cerner/CPOE and PowerNote
Seton Medical Center Hays is the largest medical campus in Hays County, serving a fast-growing region that includes Kyle, Buda, far south Austin, and surrounding areas. This 112-bed, state-of-the-art facility opened in 2009 and is designed to grow to nearly 300 beds. Seton Hays has on-site support for all major specialties and is a Level IV Trauma Center, a Chest Pain Center, and a Stroke Center. The hospital offers cardiac care services (including open heart surgery and a 24/7 cardiac catheterization lab), plus a wide array of other specialty and surgical services.
Located just a few miles south of Austin, the small but growing cities of Kyle and Buda are attracting many families. Hays County and the surrounding area is expected to grow from a present population of about 185,000 to 285,000 by 2020. Just to the south, San Marcos is home to Texas State University; popular San Antonio is also just an hour away.
- Approximately 3,000 patients/year