You got into medicine to do one thing: care for patients. You've come to the right place.
Ours is a physician-owned group, the largest in the nation, meaning we have built a model that allows our physicians to focus on our mission: to care for patients. It also means we are built to last, with the size, resources, and opportunities of a national company.
At US Acute Care Solutions you will get ownership in the group, access to the very best post-residency continuing medical education in the nation, and a culture devoted to constant improvement by practicing evidence, science-based medicine. But most importantly, you’ll get colleagues who, as leaders of their own destiny, are committed to a culture of shared ownership over our common goal: outstanding patient care.
- 166-bed community hospital
- Full service capabilities with most specialties represented on site
- Interventional cardiology, major trauma, neurosurgery, and critical pediatrics are transferred
- Hospitalist service is in-house 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- ED Volume: 31,000
- 25% admission rate
- Highly functional Emergency Department design
- Radiology suite and PAC system located in the ED with real time radiologist reads during the day
- Broad mix of patient pathology, adult and pediatric
- Stroke Telemedicine coordination with specialist on call
- Minimal boarding of patients in ED
- Emergency physician-managed observation unity increases ED efficiency
Cortland is a beautiful city in the desirable Finger Lakes region, 25 miles south of Syracuse. The town offers variety of residential options including established older communities, suburban subdivisions, the college-town environment of nearby Ithaca, and the southern suburbs of Syracuse. The region has highly regarded school systems, and is home to numerous colleges and universities, including Cornell, Ithaca, Syracuse & Cortland State Universities.
The many lakes for which the region is famous provide ample and picturesque water recreational opportunities; residents also have easy access to ski resorts, wineries, golf courses and some of the best mountain biking trails in the northeast.