You got into medicine to do one thing: care for patients. You've come to the right place.
Ours is a physician-owned group, the largest in the nation, meaning we have built a model that allows our physicians to focus on our mission: to care for patients. It also means we are built to last, with the size, resources, and opportunities of a national company.
At US Acute Care Solutions you will get ownership in the group, access to the very best post-residency continuing medical education in the nation, and a culture devoted to constant improvement by practicing evidence, science-based medicine. But most importantly, you’ll get colleagues who, as leaders of their own destiny, are committed to a culture of shared ownership over our common goal: outstanding patient care.
- 82-bed, acute care hospital in Durango, Colorado
- Southwest Colorado’s largest and most technologically advanced medical facility
- Healthgrades®, a leading independent health care ratings company, has named Mercy Regional Medical Center among the top five percent in the nation for Outstanding Patient Experience, for nine years in a row
- Areas of specialties include breast diagnostics, cancer care, orthopedics, emergency medicine, a level III trauma unit and radiology
- As a non-profit hospital that is part of the Centura Health network, Mercy is committed to improving the health and wellness of the communities it services in the Four Corners region
- ED Volume: 19,000
- Emergency Department open 24/7
- Level IV Trauma Center
- 20 main ED treatment rooms
- Close proximity to all radiology services, with bedside ultrasound in the main ED
- ED Point of Care testing
- Flexible documentation system using templates and voice recognition
- Emergency physicians do not write admitting orders
Durango is proud of its diverse culture with a broad spectrum of lifestyles. People are drawn here from all over the country and the world. Durango is tucked away in the Animas River Valley in one of the most beautiful areas in Southwest Colorado, with easy access to both the San Juan Mountains and the high desert landscape of southern Utah. Durango is well known for its many recreational activities and enjoys an ideal four-season climate.
With a population of 18,000, this charming town offers a mixture of frontier spirit, natural beauty and friendly folks. The town of Durango is in La Plata County, which has an overall population of 54,000.