Are you looking for a position in a fast-paced environment where you can truly make a difference? As an emergency medicine physician at USACS, you will be part of a team dedicated to excellence, clinical autonomy and shared ownership. You will be responsible for treating and stabilizing acutely ill patients with life threatening conditions, while displaying proficiency in basic and critical emergency medicine skills.
Review position details below and apply online:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Physician equity ownership
- Industry leading, company funded retirement (an additional 10% to your 401k)
- Student Loan Refinancing as low as 2.99%
- Claims-Made Medical Malpractice with Tail
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage (single or family)
- Groundbreaking parental paid leave; and flexible self-scheduling for new parents
- Pioneering Paid Military Leave
- Leadership and clinical training opportunities unique to USACS
- Location flexibility and career stability of a national group
- The support you need to provide the best patient-centered care
Peterson Regional Medical Center moved into its brand new, 124-bed facility in 2008. Named for local businessman Sid Peterson, this private hospital includes ICU/CCU, Hospital Medicine, X-Ray, Critical Air Medicine, CAT scan, Cardiopulmonary, MRI, Surgery, Women’s Services, Laboratory, and Neurological telemedicine.
Specialty backup NOT available includes trauma surgery, infectious disease, pediatric intensivist, neurosurgery, and ortho hand. Major trauma patients and seriously ill pediatric patients are typically transferred, with major trauma sent to nearby San Antonio. STEMI patients are treated with TNKas within 30 minutes then transferred.
- ED Beds: 20 (includes 5 Express Care beds)
- Patients/Hour: 1.7
- Admission Rate: 17%
- Transfer Rate: 3%
- Coverage: 12-hour physician shifts with 36 hours of coverage per day, plus 10 hours of NP/PA coverage per day
- Qualifications: BC/BP in Emergency Medicine preferred; BC/BP in Primary Care accepted with ATLS, ACLS, PALS
- Documentation: Meditech PDoc
- Excellent nursing staff with strong, experienced nursing leadership.
- Patients/Hour: 1.9
- Shifts: 11a-9p
- Qualifications: Certified Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physician Assistant (PA) with Emergency Medicine experience
Medical professionals in Kerrville enjoy a lifestyle that blends all the best aspects of rural, suburban, and urban life. More than 40,000 people live within PRMC’s primary service area. With excellent housing and real estate costs and scenic properties available in this gorgeous area of the Texas Hill Country, Kerrville is the perfect hometown for families. For physicians who want to practice in a smaller community with metropolitan amenities nearby, Kerrville is a perfect choice. Both San Antonio and Austin are within a one- to two-hour drive. For more information, visit http://www.kerrvilletexascvb.com