Are you looking for a position in a fast-paced environment where you can truly make a difference? As an emergency medicine physician at USACS, you will be part of a team dedicated to excellence, clinical autonomy and shared ownership. You will be responsible for treating and stabilizing acutely ill patients with life threatening conditions, while displaying proficiency in basic and critical emergency medicine skills.
Review position details below and apply online:
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFIT PACKAGE:
- Highly competitive financial/benefits package
- Physician equity ownership for all full-time physicians
- Industry-leading and company funded 401k (an additional 10%)
- Yearly CME/BEA (Business Expense Account)
- Student loan refinancing as low as 2.99%
- Groundbreaking Paid Parental Leave
- Pioneering Paid Military Leave
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage
- The best medical malpractice including tail coverage
- Professional development programs
- Location flexibility and career stability of a national group
Seton EB Davis is a critical access acute care hospital. It serves the residents of Caldwell and its surrounding counties with emergency, inpatient and outpatient services. A hospitalist manages the inpatient service and the hospital is staffed for approximately 15 inpatient beds. There is not an intensive care unit.
Radiology services include standard studies, a 64-slice CT scanner, MRI, and ultrasound. Bedside Sonosite ultrasound is available for use by the emergency physician. Respiratory therapy is in-house at all times. The laboratory provides the full range of studies typically needed by an emergency physician.
Specialty outpatient clinics at SEBD include cardiology, gastroenterology, general surgery, and urology. Transfers and specialty consultation are easily available through the Seton Transfer Center with access to all the hospitals in the Seton Austin network.
The Emergency Department is staffed with one physician and 2 nurses. It is certified as a Level IV trauma center with rapid access to Dell Seton Medical Center and Seton Medical Center Hays. EMS services are provided by Caldwell County in Lockhart and the City of Luling. Air Evac is an option for emergent transfers. STEM! and stroke transfers are expedited through the transfer center.
- ED Beds: 4
- 30 Average daily volume
- Coverage: 12 or 24 hour single coverage shifts
- ABEM or board certification in a primary care specialty with emergency medicine experience
- Documentation: Cerner/CPOE and PowerNote
Luling is located just 40 miles south of Austin, and 50 miles east of San Antonio. The great outdoors is close at hand with many rivers, lakes, campgrounds, and natural caverns dotting the area. A friendly, quiet Central Texas community, Luling is renowned for its barbecue, rich oil history, decorated pump jacks, fresh produce and plants, abundant watermelons (don't miss the annual Watermelon Thump!), and Texas' first inland canoe paddling trail on the San Marcos River. The expansive San Marcos Outlet Malls are 10 minutes away, and the pleasures of the San Antonio River Walk and the State Capitol in Austin are both just an hour away. Luling is an easy commute from either city, with all the friendly advantages of a small-town Texas community. For more information, visit http://www.lulingcc.org.