You got into medicine to do one thing: care for patients. You've come to the right place.
Ours is a physician-owned group, the largest in the nation, meaning we have built a model that allows our physicians to focus on our mission: to care for patients. It also means we are built to last, with the size, resources, and opportunities of a national company.
At US Acute Care Solutions you will get ownership in the group, access to the very best post-residency continuing medical education in the nation, and a culture devoted to constant improvement by practicing evidence, science-based medicine. But most importantly, you’ll get colleagues who, as leaders of their own destiny, are committed to a culture of shared ownership over our common goal: outstanding patient care.
This level IV Trauma center serves the Central Texas communities of Smithville, Bastrop, Cedar Creek, and Schulenburg. Hospital services include Respiratory Care, Diagnostic Imaging, Laboratory, Inpatient Physical Therapy, Outpatient Surgical Services, and Inpatient Med Surg Services. STEMIs and traumas needing surgical evaluation or admission are easily transferred with one call to the Seton Transfer Center. Lab and Radiology services are available 24/7. CT scanning is available 24/7, and MRI is available in-house from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- ED Volume: 7,000
- ED Beds: 6
- Patients/Hour: 0.8
- Admission Rate: 6%
- Coverage: 12- and 24-hour shifts with 24 hours of physician coverage per day
- Qualifications: BC/BP in Emergency Medicine, or Family Practice/Internal Medicine boards with Emergency Medicine experience
- Documentation: T-Sheets and Healthland for computerized physician order entry
The picturesque small town of Smithville proclaims itself to be the “Heart of the Megalopolis,” being conveniently situated between Austin, San Antonio, Houston, and Bryan/College Station. (Austin is just 40 miles to the northwest). Austin-Bergstrom International Airport is just a short drive away, as are the new Formula One race track and gorgeous Buescher and Bastrop State Parks. Smithville itself has much to offer, including a charming historic district, the annual Festival of Light celebration, and an annual five-day Jamboree. In addition, Smithville has attracted its share of Hollywood limelight, having served as the backdrop for a number of movies including the 1998 Sandra Bullock film “Hope Floats.” It was the first city in Texas to receive the Film Friendly City designation from the Texas Film Commission.
• Equity for all full-time physicians
• Industry-leading, company funded 401k
• Annual CME/BEA (Business Expense Account)
• Outstanding Professional development programs
• Student loan refinancing as low as 2.99%
• Groundbreaking Paid Parental Leave
• Pioneering Paid Military Leave
• Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
• Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage
• The best medical malpractice including tail coverage
• Location flexibility and stability of a national group