Are you looking for a position in a fast-paced environment where you can truly make a difference? As an emergency medicine physician at USACS, you will be part of a team dedicated to excellence, clinical autonomy and shared ownership. You will be responsible for treating and stabilizing acutely ill patients with life threatening conditions, while displaying proficiency in basic and critical emergency medicine skills.
Review position details below and apply online:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Physician equity ownership
- Industry leading, company funded retirement (an additional 10% to your 401k)
- Student Loan Refinancing as low as 2.99%
- Claims-Made Medical Malpractice with Tail
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage (single or family)
- Groundbreaking parental paid leave; and flexible self-scheduling for new parents
- Pioneering Paid Military Leave
- Leadership and clinical training opportunities unique to USACS
- Location flexibility and career stability of a national group
- The support you need to provide the best patient-centered care
Seton Edgar B. Davis Hospital is a general acute care facility committed to providing quality inpatient and outpatient services for residents of Caldwell and surrounding counties. In keeping with the Seton Healthcare Family's philosophy of holistic health care, Seton Edgar B. Davis offers health education and wellness programs. In addition, specialists offer a number of outpatient specialty clinics providing area residents local access to the services of medical specialists. To best serve the area's emergency needs, Seton also has a 10-year agreement with Caldwell County to manage EMS services. Emergency physicians benefit from the availability of a 16-slice CT scanner, typical plain radiography, and ultrasound on site or on-call. Specialty coverage includes an orthopedic surgeon and scheduled visits by a variety of different specialists. At least two nurses are always on duty in the ED. Transfers are easy with just one call to the Seton Transfer Center, which connects patients to a variety of excellent facilities in the Austin area.
- ED Beds: 4
- Patients/Hour: 1.1
- Admission Rate: 7%
- Coverage: 12- and 24-hour shifts with 24 hours of physician coverage per day
- Qualifications: Board Certified in Primary Care with ED experience
- Documentation: Cerner/CPOE and PowerNote
Luling is located just 40 miles south of Austin, and 50 miles east of San Antonio. The great outdoors is close at hand with many rivers, lakes, campgrounds, and natural caverns dotting the area. A friendly, quiet Central Texas community, Luling is renowned for its barbecue, rich oil history, decorated pump jacks, fresh produce and plants, abundant watermelons (don't miss the annual Watermelon Thump!), and Texas' first inland canoe paddling trail on the San Marcos River. The expansive San Marcos Outlet Malls are 10 minutes away, and the pleasures of the San Antonio River Walk and the State Capitol in Austin are both just an hour away. Luling is an easy commute from either city, with all the friendly advantages of a small-town Texas community. For more information, visit http://www.lulingcc.org.